PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair baggage allowance

CherokeeDriver
23rd Apr 2007, 09:51
I've booked to fly Ryanair with Mrs CD and CD Junior. I thought to make things easier I would book 2 suitcases to go into the hold for me, and 2 for Mrs CD so we can each take 30KG of baggage.

"The checked baggage weight is 15kg per person. There is no baggage allowance for infants, although a pram/buggy will be carried free of charge. Each Passenger may check-in up to 5 items of checked baggage, up to the checked baggage allowance per person (a Baggage Fee is charged for each item of checked baggage)."

So I have booked for 2 suitcaases per person each way, thinking it would give me 30KG and my wife 30KG. However I think that this little piece of information is cleverly worded and infact I can take 15KG in 2 suitcases else will have to pay excess baggage? Am I correct?:uhoh: :mad:

manintheback
23rd Apr 2007, 10:11
Yes you are indeed correct

mt1832
23rd Apr 2007, 10:17
I don't see anyway you can interpret the baggage allowance as being anything other than 15Kg each maximum. How much is charged for excess baggage per Kg? You may find it cheaper to have a courier company deliver the extra 30Kg to your destination and you don't have to lug it to and from the airport that way!

Desert Diner
23rd Apr 2007, 10:39
The checked baggage weight is 15kg per person

Although you feel s:mad:d if your weight is more, the charges are still less than the cost of a ticket on one of those airlines that allow you to carry up to 20kg.

kms901
23rd Apr 2007, 17:26
It's 15kg per person, however many items. You get 10kg hand baggage. 25kg is enough for anyone on short haul flights.

the whole baggage thing is just one of Ryanairs scam's. It was 15kg, then 20kg becuase you were paying for it, and then 15kg again even if you pay for it. If you just have hand baggage, you still have to pay a supplement, but it gets you "priority boarding"

I fly Ryanair regularly, and have no real complaints as it is the airborne equivalent of National Express coaches.

I do worry about the marginal commend of the english language displayed by their flight deck and cabin crews !

pacer142
24th Apr 2007, 06:55
Anyway, who needs on-line checkin and speedy boarding ?

I wouldn't, if the seat pitch weren't so tight. It's all very well for shorter/lightly-built people who do fit in all of them! ;)

A2QFI
24th Apr 2007, 09:14
It suits me personally, for £2. I go hand luggage only, get a seat right at the front and then I am 1st off, 1st thru passport control and first in the queue for my car hire! The latter doesn't make much difference as there are so many flights arriving, usually, that there is always a car hire queue but it gets me a bit nearer the front!

AdamC
24th Apr 2007, 16:21
Just got off a Ryanair flight actually!

Maximum is 15kg per bag, and believe me if your even 0.6 of a kilo over, you will be charged.

Just had a nice 80 euro charge for access baggage to pay, but at the end of the day its still cheaper than BA or Monarch!

I think next time I will remember to check 2 bags in, rather than just the one and then be over weight on the return leg.

MB27
26th May 2007, 18:42
I'm flying Ryanair from Luton in a couple of weeks, but I will have checked baggage.

Can I still take advantage of the priority boarding? Or is it for hand luggage only. If so, is it better to buy it now or at Luton?

Many thanks

:ok:

A2QFI
26th May 2007, 19:30
The Ryanair website explains it all. I recall that you can't get priority boarding if you have hold baggage and you can't do on-line check in with checked baggage either. Please look but I think this is the position

johnref
26th May 2007, 21:49
Internet Checkin seems to get Priority Boarding by deafult and this means hand luggage only.

However you can check luggage then go to ticket desk (or call up before you travel) and ask for priority boarding - £2 or €3 - I did it last week in madrid.

MB27
27th May 2007, 18:50
Thanks for replies guys..