PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly Unable to Access Some Websites

Brewster Buffalo
21st Apr 2007, 14:25
Problem is that websites I was able to access last week I can't get to this.

For example I can access Pprune but not the bbc! The bbc's web address appears in the address bar but that is all. The page loading never times out either.

I can do a search on Google but can't access the results

Orange Broadband connection, running Windows 98SE, Norton Virus/Firewall (system scan revealed nothing): No "net nanny" software running: Firewall was switched off but with no change.

Used Firefox and Explorer with same result...

Still have a PAYG connection on another ISP on this PC and can access all sites with no problems...

I'm not sure if it is an Orange problem as I've been able to connect OK on another computer, though on another line.

Anyone any ideas/solutions?

renfrew
21st Apr 2007, 14:39
There have been several threads this year about this situation.For some people it went back to normal in a day or two.
In my case I was convinced Orange had altered some settings somewhere but of course they denied it had anything to do with them.
A local engineer couldn't find anything wrong but then got three other calls about the same problem.
He eventually looked at an Orangeproblems site and someone there suggested dowloading something called Tweakmaster which fixed the problem.

Brewster Buffalo
21st Apr 2007, 19:43
Thanks Renfrew your advice was spot on.

Similar problem to that described on Orange Problems site...seems to happen with Windoze 98 or ME on Speedtouch modems..

Downloaded Tweakmaster ran the method outlined in the Orange Problems post and bingo back in business..

thanks again

BB