PDA

View Full Version : One channel of audio inop in Acer laptop

Bus429
20th Apr 2007, 19:06
Bought my son a brand-new Acer Aspire 3692. Just out of the box all good except left audio inop; speakers and headset. Have arranged with dabs to send it back (a virtual experience, one cannot speak with anyone at dabs) but wondered if I was missing something. Have checked all usual Realtek settings etc.
Any thoughts?

boguing
20th Apr 2007, 21:47
Firstly, Acer support is superb, have you tried contacting them?

Secondly, how are you connecting the speakers/headphones? And do you have separate sockets on the pc for them?

The din jack sockets are notoriously easy to damage, and just wiggling/rotating the plug can make or break the connections.

planecrazy.eu
23rd Apr 2007, 14:35
My acer laptop came with the balance all the way to the right, so could be your has came with an off balance setting???

Recently, i have noticed that the left speaker only works intermitantly, i am guessing loose connection.

It would be unusual if the speakers and the headphone jack are both broke, sounds like a setting problem. Make sure the soundcard isnt set to mono if there is a mono and stereo setting, make sure all balane controls are centered, sure you have checked this.

Acer support is very good, sending it back to dabs is one way, ringing acer may save the bother of sending back and getting a new one?