PDA

View Full Version : Normal Progression within Cx

r5driver
20th Apr 2007, 07:01
I've enjoyed reading this forum.. This is my first post. I'm a U.S. RJ CA with about 6000TT and 3000 Turbine PIC and I'm trying to decide if I'm interested in pursuing a Job with Cx.
Do all of the Cx Freighter Captains come from the pax FO list? What is it about the upgrade from freighter FO to freighter CA is so unmanageable? However you get there, How long does it take to get to the left seat of a Cx freighter?
What are the LAX freighter CA schedules Like? What are the LAX Pax schedules like? Is is possible to remain U.S. based as you move from freighter to Pax and FO to CA? I appreciate the input.

sizematters
21st Apr 2007, 01:05
well the normal progression is from Happy, jovial, easy going sort of chap..............................

to bitter, twisted, paranoid (I know they are out to get me...............type)

the sad thing is, they probably are ....................

iLuvPX
21st Apr 2007, 04:44
Size has most of it right, but...

You progress from an operating FO with a great schedule, to a PXing(dead heading) FO with a bad schedule, and if youre not a yank, then you progress to freighter CA with an abysmal schedule.

r5driver
21st Apr 2007, 14:50
Ok, so if you were the happy frt FO in LAX, could you move to the passenger side in LAX after a few years? what does a typical pax schedule out of lax look like? Why "if you're not a yank" could you move over to being a frt CA? What does a frt CA shed. look like out of LAX? Thank you for the responses.