PDA

View Full Version : As355f1

WLM
20th Apr 2007, 04:51
Hi

I did a search of the forum but did not find any info. We are after the cost of operations for a 355F1 and the pro/con of owning one

Thanks you
WLM

paco
20th Apr 2007, 08:48
It can be an expensive way of carrying two allison 250s around - if your needs are small and you don't need to operate hot and high they are good machines, but if you are full all the time take a look at an N model.

Especially take a look at the FX conversion (saves weight, decent electrics), but it depends if that is approved where you are

There are threads on this here and on Canadian sites

phil

Big Beres
20th Apr 2007, 11:30
Stay away from the N model, the company I work for owns one and has had 17 unscheduled engine changes since purchasing new in 1997, 4 of those changes have been due to engine failure.

BB

WLM
20th Apr 2007, 13:27
Thanks for the replies.

It would be operated mainly sea level to 3000' max most of the time, doing VIP shuttles, 4 pax plus pilot. Also the need to use Allison rather than Turbomeca is quite a deciding factor for local maintenance support

I really would like some figures on running cost if possible from operators

Thanks
Regards
WLM

crunchingnumbers
20th Apr 2007, 14:17
Go to this link - http://www.aso.com/i.aso3/staticcontent.jsp?which=cda/main&iaso3sid=1.

You'll find reports for DOC's, Fixed costs, Annual budget, Performance and Specs. These are largely US based prices, but will give you an indication for approx $50 per aircraft report which includes the 5 headings mentioned above.

They are useful for an initial overview but would probably never replace accurate operator costs in UK (I'm assuming).

paco
20th Apr 2007, 14:51
Thanks, Big Beres - I have only flown the N model, not operated it like I have the F1. I'll file that away......

Phil

WLM
22nd Apr 2007, 12:52
Thank you all so far for the info & links. Any more true operating costs, pro/cons from operators?
Cheers
WLM

Helinut
22nd Apr 2007, 13:03
It has lousy helipad performance especially when it gets warm or high.