PDA

View Full Version : Can I Make a Living

Prospect Pilot
15th Apr 2007, 16:34
Hey i was just woundering if anyone can give me an idea on what to expect, ex:training ,pay, job market,QOL. Thanks.:ok:

bluestack
16th Apr 2007, 01:28
how long is a piece of string...

I hope you're not in Florida, having just arrived and ready to start your training, and only asking these questions now..

I too was once in your position (and still ponder these questions), but search/research the answers (for those you CAN answer, I mean QOL, relative to what and who?).

Market's good, but how can anyone answer such a broad set of questions, you'll be lucky to get anyone to answer such a post, don't know why I am really.

You don't say where you're from, what you're training for, where you want to be...how can anyone answer these.

Don't want to rain on your parade - but as I've found, come at least armed with some research and specifics and you'll get a lot more help.

Blue...

Prospect Pilot
18th Apr 2007, 21:18
I was considering going to silver state helicopters and i was woundering when i graduate what kinds of jobs are there, what kind of hours do i need to have to be competitive, and how do i get it.:)

Chukkablade
18th Apr 2007, 21:21
No offence meant Prospect, but there is a world of information (to say the least) just a jab of the 'Search' function away.

I'd have a look there friend, before you get flamed for being to lazy to look them up and for asking a question thats coming up about twice a day just now.:ok:

Whirlygig
18th Apr 2007, 21:24
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235532&highlight=silver+state

This thread, whilst a little old (and hence may be out of date) and partly tongue-in-cheek, does seems to "hint" at the owner of said company not being the most honourable.

Choose your school very carefully.

Cheers

Whirls

highfinal
19th Apr 2007, 17:04
I totally agree with the above post. Research your schools carefully, visit them and try to speak to students as well as staff about the conditions and practices there. You are lucky to be located in a state with several excellent schools of a variety of sizes, one of which is bound to suit you if you are decided this career is for you.

Do a search on Google and the other helicopter websites for more information. You may be surprised by what you discover about SSH. I've met several of their students/former students/instructors, and am sure you can find somewhere better to spend your money.

Additionally, be sure to read any enrollment agreement from any school carefully, and never commit to paying large amounts, or taking on debt before receiving instruction.

Good luck with your search