PDA

View Full Version : Pam Ann

sign-it-to-your-room
18th Apr 2007, 19:12
:D Anyone seen the latest tour?
Saw it last night and she was just brilliant. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much.
Mona from BA was definitely my favourite. Genious! :D

sosmix
18th Apr 2007, 19:21
I saw her last month in York Opera House! Amazing! Donna from Easyjet & the Virgin hostie were great too :ok: I love that "I'm a star in New York, I'm a star in LA" song at the end.

hottowel
18th Apr 2007, 19:42
I saw her in Leeds last month at the City Varieties... made the mistake of having front row seats and drinking chardonnay... "Spot the Queeny Trolley Dolly in first Class" she bellowed out LOL... She made my night. Used to see her every Thurs at Crew night in West 5, South Ealing about 6 years ago... Oh the memories... :} :} :)

sosmix
18th Apr 2007, 20:12
:D I was upstairs out of her reach! The Virgin hostie 'lap-dance' some of front audience got was hilarious!

sign-it-to-your-room
18th Apr 2007, 21:27
It was my first time and as a Virgin in the sky and at one of her shows I really wished that I'd made the effort and seen her sooner. Nearly wet my pants.

Loved the BA Terminal 4 Bitches joke and the intro to the Virgin sketch!

The song at the end is brilliant. In case you dont know, its called

'From NY to LA' by Patsy Gallant. Released circa 1976. Just brilliant!

sign-it-to-your-room
18th Apr 2007, 21:47
Lyrics for: From New York to L.A.
In my mind there's a face
On my lips there's a name
In my life there's no place
For the man that I love
'cause I'm livin my life
Just to sing and be free.

From L.A. to New York - from New York to L.A.

From New York to L.A. (5x)

I'm a star in New York, I'm a star in L.A.
In my life there's no place for the man that I love
'Ccause I'm livin my life just to sing and be free.

The city life of flashing lights
Busy streets and fancy cars
Booze and drugs and all the clubs
Everyone's a shining star.

Was so inviting to my eyes
That I can only be surprised
By all the sounds and sights to see
I thought all this was meant for me.
But was it really meant for me

'Cause I'm livin my life just to sing and be free.

The city lights are often blurred
By stories we've already heard.
Booze and drugs now break my head
'Ccause all the shining stars are dead.

I sometimes close my tired eyes
Look at myself, be hyptnotized
Findin a reason of lovin you
The man I thought was meant for me.
But were you really meant for me

'Cause I'm livin my life just to sing and be free......
:ok:

hottowel
18th Apr 2007, 22:01
Yeah we know.... we've danced to it numurous times before; for all her fabulous years as a stage performer......

Mike16
19th Apr 2007, 05:39
Hi Guys
I saw on sunday evening just gone in Derby, she was FAB..... We were sat on the front row and we got picked on BIG TIME, i even took my mum and mum just loves here, keep up the good work Pam......
Mike

blondechick
19th Apr 2007, 07:42
Does anyone know if she has a dvd out or if she's bringingon out?

sign-it-to-your-room
19th Apr 2007, 09:10
Yes she's working on a live DVD at the moment X

vodkaholic
20th Apr 2007, 15:12
i saw her when she came to BRS. i was in stitches the whole way through, not just chuckles but proper laughs until tears came out ha ha!! she is just brilliant and has such an amazing knowledge of everything aviation and cabin crew, even though she doesnt 'really' work in the industry! that's what makes it so funny, is that its so true to life!! ha ha sorry to anyone reading this who works for virgin! lol

sign-it-to-your-room
20th Apr 2007, 15:45
I work for Virgin! OMG! But sooo true for some of our crew ;)
Loved the Singapore Airlines sketch in the first half with the girls grabbing their designer bags before evacuating.

VS-LHRCSA
20th Apr 2007, 16:21
Pretty sure she used to be crew with one of the traditional Aussie carriers. Don't know which one though.

boyoneder
21st Apr 2007, 07:39
Keep us all updated when the DVD comes out! :)

KittyBlue
28th Apr 2007, 14:37
That gorgeous girl is very mad!!!! O'l AN girl from memory, thou in those skin tight hugging uniforms!!! I shudder C-D syndrome!!!

The show was great saw it in MEL early last year, very smart writing and great performer.

NY to LA, Ny to LA

lalalalalalllallalalalalalalalalalala.... duck for the cans of spray as they run through at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

urok
26th May 2007, 02:45
Apparently ex-Ansett, bless!

26th May 2007, 07:20
Pam has never been crew, her mother used to fly for Quantas, and apparently Pam (Caroline Reid) Got turned down once when she applied.

HoHum
26th May 2007, 21:20
It's QANTAS - no "u" in it!!! ---
Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service.:ok:

EYGirl
27th May 2007, 07:50
Quantas quantas quantas quantas quantas quantas quantas quantas quantas quantas................................

Oh please!! Oh I can't believe it!! Oh Lord!! oh's and plenty of oh's!!!!!

:yuk:

Chill out....

blondechick
27th May 2007, 09:14
Oh i love pam ann!! cant wait till she brings out a dvd!!!

Her character as Donna Easyjet is FANTASTIC! As EX Easy (as of Fri :{) Its kinda true lol x

xxxx

Monkey Madness
28th May 2007, 15:27
You're right, the show is amazing. Saw her back in March, and nearly split my sides.

She's back at my theatre next month - can't wait!!!

Check this website for dates & a demo video:

http://www.seeitfirst.co.uk/boundandgagged/pamann.html

:ok:

ODMEA
31st May 2007, 03:50
Does Pam ever play Sydney or USA if so how would I be able to find out dates?

Thanks in advance :)

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd Jun 2007, 17:24
I have just see pam ann on you tube, how funny,
I have just missed the tour dates that were close to me,
so can anyone tell me where/If I can get a DVD.

the former gk
5th Jun 2007, 01:30
Seen Pam with my other half last Sunday at the Lowry Theatre in Manchester and she did the same routine when I saw her 2 years ago at Brighton.The theatre was full of queens and one could be forgiven to think Shirley Bassey was on stage.All in all it was very boring"touch trolley touch galley"for f**ks sake shes been creaming that one for years.All the queens say "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"What a waste of 19 quid.Change your name to TWA t.

brighton_rocks
6th Jun 2007, 19:30
I cant believe i'm going to say this, but after seeing Pam on Sunday in Nottingham, what a HUGE disappointment.

The show was funny but was exactly the same jokes as we saw 7 years ago, apart from the jokes were with different characters!

I know some people are going to say" If it aint broke dont fix it!" which yes is true, but when it's getting old and tired all things need maintenance to ensure they run well.

It was either (a) Caroline couldn't be bothered to put the effort in as it was one of the last shows, or (b) Its time to hang up the wings as the material has dried up. (Perhaps this is why Caroline is planning work under her own guise)

My recommendation for anyone wishing to see the show and is Straight or not seen her before - you'll love it, but if your Gay or seen her before, go to the 2 Brewers instead, as it will save you £15 - £20 a ticket and it's not so bad when you've had a bevvie to see and hear the same old jokes again and again and again and again ............

What a disappointment from a once excellent talent!:(:(

fireflybob
7th Jun 2007, 09:03
Yes brighton_rocks I went to the Nottingham show last Sunday - first time I had seen Pam Ann so found it quite good and she certainly got me laughing but I thought some of the guys she got on stage were a bit of a letdown (mind you the ex Panam hostie looked as though she had style!).

Just for my info is the 2 Brewers a new gay pub as I am quite a night owl in Nottingham and if so news to me?!

b747 flightboy
7th Jun 2007, 09:13
The 2 brewers is in Clapham.

Ckin Gal
13th Jun 2007, 21:44
hi there she only did one night in JER kinda hope sh'll come back as in our case one shift went and the other was working. sounded really good

teen wanabee crew
1st Jul 2007, 10:20
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r1iiq0Sl5NU
A clip of her as Sarah from Virgin :}

I hope it posts this time, I tried like 4 days ago and it hasn't come up :hmm:

Teen Wanabee Crew :)

tuismile
3rd Jul 2007, 13:43
Just to let you all know that the DVD is out on September 15th!! :)

Barnaby Rudge
3rd Jul 2007, 16:47
Can't wait......she is fab !:ok:

vodkaholic
6th Jul 2007, 18:36
how exciting!!! is it a DVD of her stand up act?

DONTTELLTHEPAX
6th Oct 2007, 19:55
Any news on the DVD ?
Just found the answer 29 Oct available in HMV, Virgin, Sainsburys
and woolworths.
Its called cume fly with me.

transwede
29th Oct 2007, 19:59
Anyone know if there is a clip available to watch of Pam Ann as her Easyjet ego Donna?

Ali_Xander
29th Oct 2007, 23:11
I have just been laughing my head off after watching PAM ANN on youtube...I am buying the dvd the minute my next cheque arrives into my account!hehe :P Its £11.99 from play.com! :ok:

From New York To LA
30th Oct 2007, 06:28
The DVD is fantastic, brings back great memories from an amazing night. Love all the extras too - it's a must have for any cabin crew.;)

Vicumin
9th Nov 2007, 00:14
"I work for Virgin! OMG! But sooo true for some of our crew ;)
Loved the Singapore Airlines sketch in the first half with the girls grabbing their designer bags before evacuating."

The interesting part is that it was based off of the real Singapore Airlines Flight 006 (SQ006 or SIA 006) crash in Taipei, Taiwan on October 31, 2001.

If Pam Ann does that sketch again, she should:
A. Change into a sarong kebaya after the "crew change"
B. Have a screen behind Pam show the 747-400 Tropical Megatop as Pam giggles (9V-SPK, the SQ006 plane, had that color scheme. After the crash, the sister ship to SPK, 9V-SPL, lost the paint job)
C. Have the screen show a diagram of SQ006 hitting the equipment as Pam cries "Singapore Airlines is on the wrong runway!"
D. The amateur video of SQ006 on fire (filmed from CI 004) should be shown as Pam talks about the Gucci hand bag.
E. After Pam leaves, the separated tail end of 9V-SPK would be shown on the screen, and the scene is over.

Ali_Xander
9th Nov 2007, 00:18
I received my DVD on tuesday and watched it straightaway...absolutely brilliant! I was in tears from laughing so hard, as someone who will start training soon, its definitly a must have for any wannabe or existing crew. the singapore airline sketch was the best! Poor guy from easyjet who kept getting compared to the british airways guy. :p

Vicumin
9th Nov 2007, 00:26
I forgot, the SQ006 scene should then have an announcer read "Nine months later, former flight attendant Pam Ann was thrown in prison for negligence following the disaster. Pam Ann's father, Pam Kai-shek, stated that..." - Then a man would go on stage and continue "I am glad that that coward is being thrown in prison! I disown her! She was never born! She never existed!" - Then he leaves.

hottowel
11th Nov 2007, 10:34
WTF? Am I missing something big here?

12 Years
23rd Nov 2007, 11:52
Pam Ann will be live at 'The Two Brewers' Clapham High Street, London Sunday 9th Dec. Only about £7 to get in. Bargin! :D