PDA

View Full Version : Hanger utilisation

Itswindyout
18th Apr 2007, 12:38
I am trying to find a computer program that permits one to draw in your hanger, and then drop in various aircraft, to see if they will fit, and how best to utilise the space.

Any idea, guys....

its windy out

cwatters
18th Apr 2007, 12:46
In 2D just use any old CAD program. If you want it in 3D then it's likely to be expensive. You probably want to know a) that the planes will fit and b) they can be manouvered into that position somehow.

I believe car and plane manufacturers use some software to ensure that the car/plane they have designed can actually be assembled but I don't know if that's an off the shelf package.

Say Again, Over!
18th Apr 2007, 14:09
There is Blender.

It's free. And though it can be complicated, if you'll be using it to any extent, it's worth learning.

www.blender3d.org (http://www.blender3d.org)

SAO

barit1
18th Apr 2007, 14:21
You might find some help on Google, but you'll have to use the right word -- HANGAR -- and not HANGER. :O

Jimmy Macintosh
23rd Apr 2007, 21:28
For cheapness, I'd say TurboCAD, it comes free with a book on learning CAD (had it for my degree I think it was £25.)
If you don't know how to use CAD I'd suggest buying some graph paper drawing on your hangar space, and roughing out the aircraft you're interested in, one of Jane's books should be enough to find the plan view outline of any aircraft.

Gulfstreamaviator
24th Apr 2007, 05:32
Spellin never was my strong point..!!!!

I only fly them.....glf

IO540
28th Apr 2007, 06:02
Simplest way is to do cardboard cutouts of the planes' shapes and move them about to see how they fit.

You can usually find scale drawings in the POH.