PDA

View Full Version : BCFT - Who has got a Job?

mustflywillfly
18th Apr 2007, 08:53
Ladies and Chaps,

Any success stories out there for people completing their CPL/IR at Bournemouth Commercial Flying Training? Did they help with the search?

Many thanks.

MFWF

bobster1
18th Apr 2007, 09:07
Im currently at BCFT, there is board up in Dena Doves office with all the names of the guys an gals who have gained jobs since completing there training here..peronally since I have been here a few of the guys have got jet jobs after finishing..FRA, BMI, Ryanair.could be more, worth a visit if you have not been here before, freindly staff and students and nice relaxed atmosphere..

A251
18th Apr 2007, 16:55
i went to BCFT, and have found employment with a Major airline with an M on the tail. and 3 others from my time there are all employed, 1 at FRA 1 flying king airs another at easy.

A251

SinBin
18th Apr 2007, 23:22
Me, Airbus, LHR, first job straight from there, all off my own back!!

mustflywillfly
19th Apr 2007, 07:16
Good skills to those who got a job and good news, re-assuring as I might just be months away from making the investment at said location.

SinBin - did you pay for a TR or do a TRSS or alike?

Cheers chaps.

MFWF

P.S A job at FRA would be outstanding, I used to operate with those dudes when I was working on a Naval Hawk Flight (16 hrs of back seat Hawk rides - happy days)

SinBin
19th Apr 2007, 07:44
I start my TR in June when I start at the airline all paid for by the airline, 3 year bond. If I leave I have to pay them back a substantial amount of dosh.

The Mixmaster
25th Apr 2007, 02:47
Did you guys find the fact there was the flying club bar and the international airport with a varied degree of aviation types coming in and out conducive to making contacts in the industry? Just curious as to whether it was the location of the school that helped with making contacts for job offers or whether it was through friends and family.

Have to say I checked out BCFT last month and was pretty impressed with the set up. Reckon it'll be either here or Stapleford for me. Liking these stories of guys picking up jobs so soon after graduating BCFT.:ok:

giertom1
29th Apr 2007, 18:54
To all who on The Jet Line Course at BCFT bournemouth commercial flight training (http://www.bournemouthcommercialflighttraining.co.uk/) or who Graduate with them. :confused:
Would you recommended? :)
Any of you got a job yet and if so where, and how long it takes to get it? :confused:
Did you have to pay for your type rating? :confused:

Cheers
Tomek

SinBin
30th Apr 2007, 08:19
Yes to job, A320
8 months from finishing
No I am not paying for a TR

haughtney1
1st May 2007, 15:48
B757, 5 months after completing the CPL and IR conversion a few years back, BCFT offered a reasonable standard of training but were next to useless in the job hunting stakes:ok:

A251
1st May 2007, 21:24
http://www.bournemouthflyingclub.com/

click on the commercial link then clink on the link to the testimonial video
you'll see whose there and what airlines they've got jobs with
i recognise a few people on there from my time. well done guys.
A251

SinBin
2nd May 2007, 08:24
A251 did/do I know you?

Eau de Boeing
2nd May 2007, 09:21
I am one of the people on BCFT's "success" list

The standard of training was ok but do not expect any help in finding a job when you finish, unless it has all changed now.

You very quickly realise that the hardest part begins when you get your license and try to get that first job.

Do not rely on any school to get you a job and just keep applying everywhere.

Just for info when I had my interview with the airline, they didn't care where I did my license and who I trained with.

dodge123
2nd May 2007, 11:27
I can personally confirm that a number of the people on this list completed ONLY an MCC at Bournemouth. Therefore, whether this gives a true reflection of the quality of training is difficult to determine, however what is not in question is that ALL these graduates appear to of got jobs through there own efforts.

If you are deciding where to train, please do not use these stats as an indication of success as I'm sure most schools can quote similar figures.

SinBin
2nd May 2007, 11:53
Let's be absolutely clear here, I did ALL training at BCFT, I was more than happy about the training, the training was good, but you do move instructors quite a bit. Not that it matters as you'll have a different captain every day in the real world anyway. Aircraft were always there when I wanted them, I flew at weekends too and I did my IR in less than 3 months part time. At some of the bigger schools it can take up to 5-6 months to do your IR full time.

BCFT do not help you with getting a job, but there are people you meet that can help with networking which is the key. Many of the instructors are part time with BCFT and work mainly as full time airline pilots in various orgs.

I got my job through being in the right place at the right time and through my own endeavours. No school will help you get an interview except the big integrated schools, CTC included (although they're usually sponsored) and even then there's no guarantee. You have to perform at the interview to gain success and there's many muppets being put forward with little success I'm sure.

The majority of names on Dena's list have done some level of training at BCFT that is the main thing they are trying to put across. You'll find on OAT's website they have a similar approach to their stats.

Getting a job is down to luck, not where you went to train, or what you pass marks were. Above all network, persevere, be patient and be under no illusion with any school there are no guarantees with any of it. Even when you get a job, you have to pass everything on the TR, BT, LT and get through a probation period.

ivehad2many
4th May 2007, 18:24
well started PPL at 14 at bmth flying club... all training form there to the fATPL completed at BCFT and now flying falcons from FRA.

As for dodge123... theres names on the list whomb were on my course who did NOT do the MCC with BCFT... so not sure how you "personally confirmed" that fact?

dodge123
4th May 2007, 19:50
As for dodge123... theres names on the list whomb were on my course who did NOT do the MCC with BCFT... so not sure how you "personally confirmed" that fact?

I wasn't contesting the fact that everyone on the list had completed an MCC, however what I was suggesting was that I personally know people on the list that ONLY completed an MCC at BCFT.

With grammar and comprehension skills like that I'm sure you will go a long way! :ugh:

smith
7th May 2007, 00:01
Noticed names on the list that had just done conversions of the IR from FAA to JAA.

WX Man
9th May 2007, 18:13
SinBin, I think I know you as well?

I did ATPL groundschool and converted my FAA IR with BCFT. Didn't have much luck finding a job afterwards, got a FI(R) rating elsewhere and then worked as an instructor for about 3 weeks before getting a job on a PA31 Chieftain. Did that for a year or so; I now work for FRA.

SinBin
9th May 2007, 20:16
WX Man well done on FRA, what a cool job, next best thing to being a fighter pilot I guess!! Me, I have to settle with the mighty airbus (shucks!!), still, those hosties had better serve me warm coffee!! I might have known you pm me!!

PHIL24
23rd May 2007, 13:35
I am currently training with BCFT. I have gone through the system completing my modular PPL/ATPL G/S/MEP/MULTI IR and am currently working on finishing my CPL. I have been impressed hence my continuous training with the school, The level of instruction is very high from a variety of very experienced sim and flight instructors, and the school is very efficent and well run with excellent aircraft availability.

I have to disagree with the lack of job assistance the school have put 25 people into F.R.A however you must meet a requirement of 1000 hours total time, a current flight instructor rating and a good reference from the head of training. There is a level of loyalty with the school for those students who do not think the grass is greener but as of course you would expect they cannot find a job for everyone but will always help with honest references.

SinBin
23rd May 2007, 14:26
Well done on your IR Phil!!

ivehad2many
24th May 2007, 15:17
dodge123: With grammar and comprehension skills like that I'm sure you will go a long way!

well i have a job im happy, again at FRA so thanks for the support :)

expedite08
24th May 2007, 20:58
What are the chances for instructing at the flying club part of BCFT if you have done all your training with them? If you wanted to instruct with them would they be likely to offer you a position, seeing as you have probably put 25k plus in to thier kitty!! Cookie crumbles both ways etc

ivehad2many
24th May 2007, 21:34
well 99% of their instructors are former students... that way you wont get different teaching methods and some consistancy within the instructing regardless of the instructor.

of course this is if they are in need of instructors... a lot like airlines, no passengers, or this case students, no pilot vacancies.

mustflywillfly
25th May 2007, 07:59
Chaps, Chapesses

Any ideas what a full time, newbie (trained by BCFT) Instructor (FI(R)) could earn at BCFT?

Many thanks

MFWF :ok:

Joke of the day:
A woman walks into a bar and asks the barman for a double entendre

So the barman gives her one

SinBin
25th May 2007, 08:39
The BCFT instructors as opposed to the BFC instructors are all mainly industry pilots with many years experience. You mean BFC which is a seperate arm of the company and based on opposite sides of EGHH.

The head of training, Lance, mentioned to me that if I did the instructor's rating and there was a vacancy at the Flying Club that I could be considered, not going down that route now. FRA definitely like BCFT grads (if that is the right word) Lance used to work for them, and many of the pilots are in the BFC bar after work, so an informal relationship does exist between the two companies.

As far as airlines are concerned there is no help, like being put forward for jobs etc, but I'm told this could be changing. BCFT do have a good reputation in the industry for the size of school that it is.

ivehad2many
25th May 2007, 08:55
Sry, i was on about BFC myself...

Pay.. usually by the hours airbourne which is currently £20.. They do have a sallery for some full time instructors but i personally dont know what it is as was only part time

Yahweh
25th May 2007, 16:49
I know this may sound like a stupid question but who the heck are FRA? :confused: :confused:

ivehad2many
25th May 2007, 22:12
www.fraviation.com (http://www.fraviation.com)

or just google it:oh:

expedite08
15th Sep 2007, 17:13
Any recent graduations from BCFT who now have jobs?

tinmouse
17th Sep 2007, 11:39
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you’ve been called for interview by Ryan Air, how soon it was when you actually sat the interview?

Cheers

tinmouse
17th Sep 2007, 14:03
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you’ve been called for interview by Ryan Air, how soon was when you actually sat the interview / assessment?

Cheers