PDA

View Full Version : Moving the Outlook .psv file

beerdrinker
17th Apr 2007, 10:18
Two questions regarding Outlook.

1.If you put in an engagement in the calendar for one day and then take the computer to another time zone, that engagement spans two days. What I do is to put the engagement in when the time is set to the most westerly of my destinations. That way when I move to another location to the east, at least the engagement starts on the correct day – Does anybody have any other solutions?

I tend to move my important Outlook data (emails, contacts and calendar) around from my 3 primary locations by copying the .psv file onto a Flash Disk and then copying the up to date .psv file onto the computer in the location I have moved to.

The problem with this is that after I have copied the .psv file on to another computer, when I want to send an email and after clicking “new”, and then clicking on the “to” button I get the message:

The address book could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address book could not be opened; it may have been moved, or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help.

If I click the OK box below this message I then get a box titled Select Names. Clicking on the arrow on the “Show Names from the :” box gives me:

Outlook Address Book
Contacts
Contacts.

Clicking on the arrow to highlight the second “Contacts” then gives me my address book!!!!!!!!

Advise requested,

Thanks,

Beerdrinker

Basil
17th Apr 2007, 21:20
beerdrinker,
Do you mean the .psv or .pst file?

1. The two day thing is a b****y nuisance but I don't know how to overcome it.
2. Seem to recollect getting this once but can't help.

beerdrinker
18th Apr 2007, 04:57
Sorry. Finger trouble.

.PST (Outlook Office Data File)