PDA

View Full Version : Youtube- not possible to view videos

621andy
16th Apr 2007, 18:22
For some time I've been getting the following message when I try and view vids on youtube:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player (http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/).

It used to work fine with the same settings using Firefox, but now I'm in Cyprus, I can't get Firefox to work either!
I've done as it suggests and downloaded the latest Flash Player, but that doesn't make any difference.

Any ideas anyone?

My computer knowledge is next to zero, as witnessed by my attempts to connect a wireless router to the big museum piece of a computer provided by the company, to enable me to run this laptop! I tried everything suggested by various people here in cyprus, but gave up when I finally managed to at least run it through a cable..what I'm saying is, please no long complicated gobbledeegook explanations:ok:

Many thanks in advance:)

BRL
16th Apr 2007, 20:36
Turn off your Privacy Service in McAfee......... :)

Racing Snake
16th Apr 2007, 21:26
I had the same problem .Try uninstalling the flash player and the go to the adobe site to reinstall it .Worked for me.Failing that, put the line of text you quoted into google and see what you get :) :)

621andy
17th Apr 2007, 05:56
It works! Uninstalled it, and installed it again - works fine now:ok:

Many thanks:)