PDA

View Full Version : Going Hungry With Globespan

baz_0812
16th Apr 2007, 14:34
My brother-in-law and family flew with Globespan (two holidays this year means budget air travel!) around Christmas and reckoned it was no worse than anyone else. He took the cheap option and instead of their meals took some M&S goodies with him and got on fine. We let him make the arrangements for our trip on 28th April and not only have they changed the departure and return flight times twice each now (also added a stopover in Bangor, got dizzy reading about it on the other thread!) but then he gets an e-mail stating the following...

Should you elect not to take advantage of our set in-flight menu we offer a selection of hot food at reasonable prices to be purchased on board. These however are subject to availability and we would recommend you consider our set menu. Snacks and refreshments will also be available for purchase at appropriate intervals throughout the flight. (We do not allow passengers to bring their own food items on board as food cannot be kept at the appropriate temperature and may represent a health and hygiene danger.)

It's obviously unethical to try and force everyone to take their on-board meals (kids baulked at the menus) but is it legal for them to do this? I know you can't take foodstuffs into another country, and that for safety reasons liquids are being limited, but I've never heard of any carrier banning you from taking your own food. They are now holding the proverbial gun to our heads and saying if you don't take our meals you will spend 9 1/2 hours in the plane with nothing more than some crisps and nuts (which they threaten could be in short supply because so many meals have been ordered :rolleyes: ).

I can only assume that they have failed to meet some sort of target and are now trying scare tactics. I am obviously going to call and complain, but will it do me any good? I'm hoping someone can enlighten me as to where we stand regards taking a few sarnies with us.

Skipness One Echo
16th Apr 2007, 15:25
Bossy, sanctimonious and arrogant. It's the new British way.
I despair.
So do the cabin staff keep a sharp eye out in case someone has an illicit cheese sarnie bought at the post security M$S? Good to know they're focussed on the important things.

CHIVILCOY
16th Apr 2007, 15:54
GSM fast becoming a laughing stock - Sir? I demand you hand over your sandwich - if you don't we shall divert to the nearest airport.:)

gflynorw
16th Apr 2007, 16:52
Well, if you eat something with, say mayo and it's been sitting in a bag at your feet getting nice and warm for all the bugs tp grow - you then have an onset of food poisioning..who you gonna ask for help?

Rollingthunder
16th Apr 2007, 16:59
Seems bit ridiculous and hardly enforceable.

I always travel with two bacon butties and I travel on full-service airlines (i.e free food). No chance of food poisoning. They are imported into the destination country in my tummy.

Hombre
16th Apr 2007, 18:00
GSM have no problem with non-GSM sandwiches on the EDI/AGP & GLA/AGP flights.

I accept however your post was probably not about these routes.

At the end of the day you are sitting in a seat on a no-frills airline. Presumably you would not be there if you thought the ticket price was too high. They've got to make some return on the passenger other than the flight ticket price surely. I don't see anything immoral or unusual in this especially when, you clearly state, they are telling you the score Re food upfront.

You pays your money..........

FHA
16th Apr 2007, 19:23
First post, here goes!
GFLYNORW, get real. Yeah and we'll ban high heels in case you twist your ankle too.
I think you'll find most of the passengers have managed to get through the first 40 or 50 years of their lives without pearls of wisdom like that one.
There's basic human rights at stake here and if you think Globespan's behaviour is reasonable, then I can only guess you're a stakeholder.

slim_slag
16th Apr 2007, 20:19
What can they do? Taking your home made sarnies off you has to be theft. Stopping you eating them by force has to be assault and battery. So many companies are incorrectly using "health and safety" and "data protection" to justify rubbish customer service. Just ignore them and take your own food if you want to. If it's not a flight safety issue they cannot tell you what to do unless it specifically says they can in the law, like stopping you drinking your own alcohol on board. No law says I cannot eat my own bacon, lettuce and tomato sarnie on board a flight, no matter how much mayonaise it has on it, and no matter how long it's been at my feet.

GSM SCOT
16th Apr 2007, 21:35
Is there not a ban on certain foods on flights going into the USA put in place by there US Food and Drug Administration Dept ?

Im think you are no allowed any meat or dairy products onboard as they can bring disease into the states.

Rollingthunder
16th Apr 2007, 21:40
I understand you can't import meat or dairy products into North America...... but you can eat them on the way.

TSR2
16th Apr 2007, 21:43
Sounds a little discriminatory against people with special dietry requirements to me.

slim_slag
16th Apr 2007, 21:47
What you can take off the plane and through the US agriculture checkpoint depends on all sorts of things. Whether the meat is cooked or not, in a tin or in a paper wrapper. Dairy products like cheese might depend on whether it's hard or soft. No hard and fast rules and nothing to do with the airline.

Rollingthunder
16th Apr 2007, 22:01
The regulations governing meat and meat products are very strict. You may not import fresh, dried, or canned meats or meat products from most foreign countries into the United States. Also, you may not import food products that have been prepared with meat.

The regulations on importing meat and meat products change frequently because they are based on disease outbreaks in different areas of the world. APHIS, which regulates meats and meat products as well as fruits and vegetables, invites you to contact them for more information on importing meats.

You may bring bakery items and certain cheeses into the United States. The APHIS web site features a Travelers Tips section and Game and Hunting Trophies section that offers extensive information about bringing food and other products into the country. Many prepared foods are admissible. However, almost anything containing meat products, such as bouillon, soup mixes, etc., is not admissible. As a general rule, condiments, vinegars, oils, packaged spices, honey, coffee and tea are admissible. Because rice can often harbor insects, it is best to avoid bringing it into the United States.

Remember that film where Sophia Loren raised a big stink at an airport when she found out she could't bring her massive mortadella into the States?

London legend
16th Apr 2007, 22:23
Yep - but the point is, you can still eat all of that stuff on board! It's only important that you dispose of all the stuff before immigration.

Hombre
17th Apr 2007, 06:35
Obviously the majority of posters here have missed my point - apologies!

Let me put it another way: eating a mars bar while sitting on your dentist's chair discussing your next treatment plan is not against the law but it's taking the p##s.

Read same for dropping off clean oil at the garage when you put your car in for its service!

Cheapskates the lot of you:E

slim_slag
17th Apr 2007, 08:21
It's the airline being the cheapskate, not the passenger. The airline sets the fare, not the passenger. If they cannot make sufficient money to cover their costs without denying the passenger the 'right' to eat his own food they shouldn't be in business. Making it a 'health and safety' issue is treating the passenger with contempt, we aren't that stupid. It's the airline who is taking the p!ss, not their customer.

baz_0812
17th Apr 2007, 13:54
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the comments. We've since had an email from someone at the airline suggesting that we 'risk it'. I'll take that as a yes then!

CHIVILCOY
17th Apr 2007, 14:19
baz_0812
We've since had an email from someone at the airline suggesting that we 'risk it'.

Be a devil and buy The Times newspaper and hide behind it when you feel peckish.:)

Dan Air 87
17th Apr 2007, 14:59
This is a bit daft when people start posting messages containing the dreaded words of human rights. What will be next- compensation to molify your hurt feelings?

Yes, this is the way that some lCC airlines are going and the cjhoice is yours- either you take the LCC option with the food etc or you take a full fare airline that doesn't have this problem.

FHA
17th Apr 2007, 20:17
Don't get your knickers in a twist buddy. I don't use the term 'human rights' lightly. In case you hadn't noticed, eating and drinking is a basic human right: I'm not talking about some villian getting compensation for slopping his cell out.
One of the points being made here (and on other forums) is that this outfit pulls these rule changes out of it's backside when it's too close to the flight time to change.
For your information, I write from a position of genuine knowledge of the offending airline and it really is just a crock of s#!t pulling the health and safety card.

TightSlot
17th Apr 2007, 21:57
Welcome to PPRuNe FHA

Now calm down please...

FHA
18th Apr 2007, 13:53
Hi Tightslot.
Point taken. I just don't like seeing the fare-paying public being treated with contempt. Without them, you and I would be doing something else for a living; let's not lose sight of that.

Galaxy
18th Apr 2007, 22:01
Ranting post from a brand new member..........now there's a funny thing !
:oh:

slim_slag
19th Apr 2007, 09:43
This is a bit daft when people start posting messages containing the dreaded words of human rights. What will be next- compensation to molify your hurt feelings?Yes, compensation would be appropriate. Hit the airline's bottom line, otherwise what's to stop them doing it again?

GSM SCOT
19th Apr 2007, 19:15
Can see this one going far in the courts of human rights !

Get real, don't like - don't fly !

Dan Air 87
19th Apr 2007, 19:41
Hi FHA,
I take your point re my post! I am amazed that this airline expects pax to buy their meals on board with a captive market as if you are going to go somewhere else. I wonder what this outfit would do if pax embark carrying large goodie bags from Macdonalds / KFC/ Burger King!

EastMids
19th Apr 2007, 20:47
I think at the end it comes down to what's in GSM's conditions of carriage, which if the flight was booked on the web the booker would have seen - and presumably accepted. If the conditions say "no self-provided food may be consumed" there's not much the pax can do about it. If the conditions don't say that and this e-mail instruction was sent after the booking was made, I don't see how GSM can retrospectively apply such a condition - its not enshrined in aviation law that pax can't consume their own food and such a change would effectively mean GSM were trying to vary the contract between passenger and airline. Of course GSM could always try the "you are required to comply with all instructions from air crew" line as a get out, but as eating food is hardly threatening to the AC or other pax I don't think that'd get very far if the pax ignorred that instruction.
Andy

CHIVILCOY
20th Apr 2007, 07:18
GSM SCOT
Can see this one going far in the courts of human rights !
Get real, don't like - don't fly !

That's exactly what a lot of potential customers are doing - even makes Ryanair look attractive.

smith
20th Apr 2007, 08:09
If you go to the food courts in large shopping malls there is usually a notice to the effect that "tables are reserved for customers purchasing food in the food court". I would not take my own food into a restaurant and I would not take my own booze into a pub and drink it.

I think it is only fair that if you do not pre-book the airline provided food then you must not bring your own grub with you.

I'm sure ryan, easy and the like will have a similar policy. Today in the LCC's the ticket price is exactly that, the price to get on the plane, you pay for everything else ...... baggage, seating, food, drinks etc.

If you want food on GSM longhaul book premier economy or business class!

angels
20th Apr 2007, 09:32
I think it is only fair that if you do not pre-book the airline provided food then you must not bring your own grub with you.

Cobblers.

Essentially, you are paying for the airline to fly you from A to B and back again. Your comparison with a food court is spurious -- you don't go to a food court to fly. You don't go to an airline to eat their food.

If they don't charge you for food, fine. You should not be obliged to buy overpriced food you don't want. What next? Each passenger must buy five lottery tickets?

OP - Let us know if the food police descend upon you. (They won't).

fernytickles
20th Apr 2007, 12:05
To try and use the "certain foodstuffs must be maintained at a certain temperature" rule seems some what nanny-ish. I've had more food poisoning from airline food, both as crew and as passenger, than I've had from any other commerically produced food in my life.
Lots of foodstuffs are not temperature sensitive, and so long as you don't remove them from the aeroplane on landing, you are not trying to import them. Are they going to try and stop you take a mars bar or some maltesers onboard?
Our standard 'travel kit' out of MAN always conatins some chocolate and IrnBru. So far I've never got food poisoning off that..... and I always manage to force it down just before we land in the US, thankfully.....

Looking on the bright (sort of) side - if they insist you eat their food only, and you get food poisoning, you could go all American and sue them into next year :ok:

smith
20th Apr 2007, 12:18
Angel

Your comparison with a food court is spurious

I can go into a bottle shop and get a bottle of Miller for 80p, I go into the pub and the same bottle is £3.25, whats stopping me from just taking a carryout into the pub with me?

As airlines have food available for purchase they have every rite to restrict passengers from bringing their own!! Jeez if I can get to the USA for £99, I dont mind paying for a meal.

I bet you are one of the ones that has about 20pairs of nicked headphones in the drawer beside your bed and use them everytime you fly to save another £2.00!!!!!

CHIVILCOY
20th Apr 2007, 12:38
smith
As airlines have food available for purchase they have every rite to restrict passengers from bringing their own!! Jeez if I can get to the USA for £99, I dont mind paying for a meal.

You have missed the point again - cafe's and restaurants main business is selling food only - airlines are flying - your number one reason for paying is for a seat to get you from A-B not for gourmet dining.Yes some airlines ban you from taking and drinking alcohol - for safety purposes but to say they can ban you from taking food on board is utterly ridiculous - what next - in order for them to charge you for the entertainment they provide - ban all MP3 players - reading materials and whatever else takes your fancy?

smith
20th Apr 2007, 13:01
ok ok, but dont come running to me when they rip out the galleys and put extra seats in and the price of your tickets go up!!!!!

Actually I do make a choice on airline regarding catering and IFE, so I do expect gourmet if fly first or business.

Maybe they should allow your own food on board but charge a corkage or unwrap fee for the privelidge.

Can imagine the comotion if you went into McD's grabbed a seat and started tucking into fish and chips.

James 1077
20th Apr 2007, 14:01
What about going into McD's, buying a meal, sitting down and then being charged to listen to your iPod instead of the music they are playing through their stereo.

Same thing here as far as I can see - you are a paying customer of McD's and are being charged for not partaking in one of their ancillary services.

Your argument around restaurants would only be valid if Globespan advertised itself as a flying restaurant.

GSM SCOT
20th Apr 2007, 14:26
As a crew member who works with GSM
No passenger has every been stopped from eating there own food onboard any of our aircraft. Lots of people do it including bringing there own soft drinks and water with them.
The only thing crew stop passengers from consuming is there own alcohol for obvious reasons.

CHIVILCOY
20th Apr 2007, 14:53
GSM SCOT

Thanks for the clarification - long may it continue.:ok:

CHIVILCOY
20th Apr 2007, 14:57
smith
Maybe they should allow your own food on board but charge a corkage or unwrap fee for the privelidge.

God loves a trier - are you an accountant by any chance?:)

smith
20th Apr 2007, 14:59
Your argument around restaurants would only be valid if Globespan advertised itself as a flying restaurant.

Think you would be pi$$ed off if you were onboard, peckish and thirsty and there was sweet FA they could supply for you to eat or drink. I know they don't advertise as flying restaurants however the paying public have come to expect at least some kind of catering onboard the majority of flights especially longhaul.

smith
20th Apr 2007, 15:03
Not an accountant but my brother is. Just think the world of travel has been opened up to a whole new audience due to LoCo's. Part of the LoCo model is the sale of ancilliaries. If no-one purchases these ancilliaries the cost of the ticket will go up, so we will end up paying for food that we haven't eaten in the long run.

CHIVILCOY
20th Apr 2007, 15:10
smith
Part of the LoCo model is the sale of ancilliaries. If no-one purchases these ancilliaries the cost of the ticket will go up, so we will end up paying for food that we haven't eaten in the long run.

That's just like saying Virgin trains should make you buy their sarnies and coffee on board rather than eat your own.

PS. My brother is one of them as well.

manintheback
20th Apr 2007, 21:09
As long as its in the t&cs before you buy a company can do anything it wants as long as its legal, quite right too. Its their company. The customer has the choice of going elsewhere or not going at all. And if the company fails as a result c'est la vie. Thats capitalism folks.

Hombre
23rd Apr 2007, 11:07
Well said.

As far as I am aware a lot of the t&cs are simply there to remind the cheapskates not to try it on, and assist the GSM staff from involving themselves in lengthy debates with Mr Angry customers; but you'll always get them. Such is life.

Maybe they should start up their own airline and see how hard it is!

kms901
23rd Apr 2007, 17:40
Bunch of cheapskates. If it was my airline the only thing you would be able to bring on is bottled water. If you are not happy about that, how about a caravan holiday in Skegness ?

Ryanair don't mind what you bring on. If you are flying to Florida, I assume you will be living on regurgiburgers during your stay, so food hygiene is not theissue.

angels
24th Apr 2007, 12:32
smith - Actually I don't have a load of headsets in my bedside drawer. What a curious presumption you make! When I fly LoCo, I take a good book and am not interested in IFE. I assume your airline would forbid books, but you would flog me one.

As articulated nicely on here -- and you still seem not to have got the point -- an airline is just that as far as I'm concerned. I want them to fly from me A-B safely and, if possible, cheaply.

I've just booked some flights to Italy with FR and am most happy with the price. I will probably take some sarnies with me for the kids. :O

EastMids
24th Apr 2007, 15:47
Isn't necessarily about cheapskatedness as some have suggested - some passengers don't want to eat the junk the average airline thrusts at them, but none the less feel the need to eat something during a long haul flight.

As has been stated previously by several including myself, it comes down to terms and conditions. If its in the airline's conditions of carriage that you can't consume your own food, too bad - passenger has not got a leg to stand on, as it were, as these are accepted during the process of making a booking. However, the original poster said they got an e-mail from the airline, my inferenence from that being that this "instruction" was passed on post-booking. If so, and if the conditions of carriage don't mention passengers can't consume their own food, then passenger is within their rights to tell the airline what to do with its directive as consuming food brought onto an aeroplane is not against aviation law.

I can see the pre-departure announcement now - much along the lines of the "no smoking" directives already in force and aimed at those trying to evade the GlobeSpan Own-Food-Police: "Passengers may not consume their own food onboard this aeroplane. Consuming your own food is also prohibited in the toilet and washroom areas. The lavatories on this aeroplane have been fitted with food detectors which will sound an alarm if passengers attempt to consume their own food in these areas".

A

slim_slag
24th Apr 2007, 16:50
Airline T&C are only valid and enforceable if a judge says they are.

Hombre
25th Apr 2007, 13:38
On European routes GSM offer two types of sandwich: Ploughman's on white bread and chicken & ham on brown/granary bread.

Both are always fresh and taste excellent! I believe they cost 3.50 and I don't think this is a rip off.

mojocvh
25th Apr 2007, 20:21
LGW (NT)WH Smith prices are £2.60/£2.95 yesterday, so guess someones making a pile somewhere.

boygeorgefan
25th Apr 2007, 21:25
greeks are funny about bringing own food by the pool's at hotels.

GSM SCOT
25th Apr 2007, 21:36
The sandiches we sell onboard are all priced at £3.00

Hombre
26th Apr 2007, 11:39
GSM SCOT - apologies! Shows you how much attention I pay twice a month to the menu and how even better value GSM's sandwiches are.

Would happily pay £3.50 though if I could persuade GSM to give me a frequent flyer discount!!:E

CHIVILCOY
27th Apr 2007, 09:40
GSM SCOT
The sandiches we sell onboard are all priced at £3.00
I can make my own smoked salmon and cream cheese for a £1 max. You are most welcome to one if you are on the same flight.:ok:

Hombre
27th Apr 2007, 10:49
Unless you are getting your salmon from the back of a lorry no way can you do it for £1. What about the "wastage"?

PS I also run a bistro!!

CHIVILCOY
27th Apr 2007, 12:31
Hombre
Unless you are getting your salmon from the back of a lorry no way can you do it for £1.
Your suppliers must be ripping you off. Tesco do a nice 100g smoked salmon for £1.99 enough for three sannies.
What about the "wastage"?
My waist measurment is not bad for a man my age.:)

iain8867
29th Apr 2007, 20:36
I think the airline is pointing out the fact that they are not able to heat foods nor keep them cool/chilled for you. By doing this they are pointing out that if a PAX succums to food poisioning after eating their own food stuffs, the airline has done its job before hand, by pointing out they are not able to look after food that has been bought on board and not supplied on board.

Does that read right?????

smith
30th Apr 2007, 12:09
On the GSM website, when booking GLA-SFB, the premium economy option has been removed from the drop down menu when booking. The only options are economy and business.
However when you click to display flights, the premium economy option is available. This is just a recent change to the website, are they thinking of dropping premium economy service then if the new aircraft don't have prem econ seating?

GSM SCOT
30th Apr 2007, 17:30
GSM do not fly into MCO

GSM SCOT
30th Apr 2007, 17:36
The website does only have the option of economy or business but when you put in your travel dates and select search you then have the premium service ugrade option

smith
30th Apr 2007, 19:48
The website does only have the option of economy or business but when you put in your travel dates and select search you then have the premium service ugrade option

Yes, this is just a recent change as all three classes could be selected when selecting dates. Wondered if they were dropping the prem econ service. AFAIK the prem econ and econ seats are exact same pitch on the Icelandair and Neos aircraft, perm econ only entitles you to extra baggage, in flight meal, check in and IFE.

Rollingthunder
4th May 2007, 12:38
Got one of their aircraft here in YVR. Last night's flight to GLA cancelled apparently due crew out of time.(?) No accomodation offered to pax or anything else. Bunch of pax on the floor or milling around and not happy.

PaperTiger
4th May 2007, 18:21
Got one of their aircraft here in YVR. Last night's flight to GLA cancelled apparently due crew out of time.(?) No accomodation offered to pax or anything else. Bunch of pax on the floor or milling around and not happy.
It's been getting progressively later since they began last week. 10 hours late arriving yesterday (well, today actually at 0327 :uhoh: ). Filed for 0145 then 0645 departures but didn't go. The perils of one airplane...
Vancouver Sun
Published: Friday, May 04, 2007
Passengers on board a Fly Globe Span Uniglobe charter flight from Vancouver to Glasgow found themselves stranded on the runway(sic) for several hours overnight Thursday to early this morning.
A spokeswoman for Vancouver International Airport said the reason the flight was grounded was unclear. Passengers were allowed to disembark sometime early this morning and remain at the airport. The flight has been rescheduled for 8:30 p.m. tonight.

warkman
6th May 2007, 13:30
yesterdays flight to SFB scheduled for 18:45 take off from Glasgow still showing on the GLA web site as waiting to depart.
Todays flight from SFB should have arrived at 13:15 showing no estimated arrival time yet.

Will be some very unhappy Globespan pax if this is correct......

Curious Pax
7th May 2007, 08:55
Now that a couple of the 757s are in service can anyone enlighten me as to the seating config? Rellys have booked EXT-YHM-EXT, and assume I have these things at my fingertips :confused:

gflynorw
7th May 2007, 09:59
Looking at GSM's delay reports...all SFB/GLA pax have been given hotel accomodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner and Biz Pax have been given $10 to spend in biz lounge.

As far as I am concerned they've been fed and watered, and the crew have had to be taken to a secure location cos they've getting so much abuse. Not on!

warkman
7th May 2007, 11:23
Then Globesapn should get its act together!

To many of these passengers, this is perhaps their only holiday in the year, possibly a once in a lifetime trip to Florida, and they have already lost 36 hours of that trip.

I would be screaming blue murder at this monumental inability to run an airline correctly.

redsnail
7th May 2007, 16:20
Flew Globespan from Stansted to Tenerife last week.

I was in economy. I got a hot feed and a drink. The cabin crew did 3 services in the ~ 4 hours it took to get down there.
Crew were friendly and prompt with any request.

I fly a lot and I thought they did a great job and for the price, an excellent job.

Only gripe was it took ~45min to check in.

warkman
10th May 2007, 09:06
Strange....

According to th Globespan web site there is a flight from GLA to SFB today GSM725, dep at 14:30, arriving at 20:00.

Glasgow Airports web site is only showing a MYT flight to Sanford, and the same on the Sanford web site.

has this GSM flight been cancelled?? Is this more problems for GSM?

CHIVILCOY
10th May 2007, 11:43
According to th Globespan web site there is a flight from GLA to SFB today GSM725, dep at 14:30, arriving at 20:00.
Glasgow Airports web site is only showing a MYT flight to Sanford, and the same on the Sanford web site.
has this GSM flight been cancelled?? Is this more problems for GSM?

No, it's showing on departures.

14:05 EK026 DUBAI SCHEDULED
14:05 UL2026 DUBAI SCHEDULED
14:15 KL1476 AMSTERDAM SCHEDULED
14:25 BA1487 HEATHROW SCHEDULED
14:30 GSM427 PALMA SCHEDULED
14:30 GSM725A ORLANDO SFB SCHEDULED
14:40 TOM3471 HERAKLION SCHEDULED

mm0wkj
10th May 2007, 12:41
Curious Pax,

The seating layout is the same as the Iceland Air 757's as all 3 of GS 757's came from them.

http://www.icelandair.co.uk/home/travel-information/in-flight/seat-map/757-200/

jetset23
10th May 2007, 13:04
Now showing gate open on glasgow airport web site

warkman
10th May 2007, 14:41
yes, it turned up in the last hour or so. I notice its GSM725A not the original GSM725.
Still not taken off yet...(15:40)

mm0wkj
10th May 2007, 14:42
and 1.5 hours late at least. lost another hour somewhere between Dublin and Glasgow on a positioning flight?? On hops this week alone that aircraft has been late tot of 30+ hours.

warkman
10th May 2007, 20:59
Not sure if the flight has took off or not, as the Glasgow Airport web site is just showing it as gate closed.
The Sanford airport site is showing it as "delayed" and so is the return flight on the departures page....

Update 23:00 hrs

Oh dear!
Now reverted back to "scheduled" on the GLA web site and that can't be good as this was the setting on their 39 hour debacle at the weekend...

kingdee
11th May 2007, 02:11
02.35 hope this helps:ouch: :eek:

ggspn
11th May 2007, 02:15
GSM725A took off 12 hours late (0235 local 11/05/07). Passengers were not offered any sort of accommodation. They were issued with £4 food vouchers.

GCEJM was tech, this was due to complications after a wheel change. The brakes were damaged, thus the wheel would not turn. It took time to source a new brake-unit. Once it was fitted, it was realized that the new part wouldn't work, therefore the A/C would be overweight for landing. As GSM have no other 757 in their fleet, they used GDLCH (737-800). I believe it came in from PMI a few hours before midnight.

According to a few sources, the engineers had to fit ETOPS equipment, which is why it took so long.

I feel for the pax that are on this flight, especially those who purchased premium class seats. Now they'll be enjoying a long flight with no legroom and no in-flight entertainment. Not to mention a full day taken away from them that they will more than likely not see any form of compensation for.

Good going Globespan! Award winning airline of the year! .... what year exactly? It sure as hell isn't 2007.
:rolleyes:

kingdee
11th May 2007, 02:46
you can just fit E-TOPS equipment at a moment notice maybe i,m wrong but someone may be able to advise ( engines turn or passengers swim).
On a more serious note GSM do really need to get their act together .I am suprised delays have not the headlines yet ..I'm waiting

yvonnelynch
11th May 2007, 09:17
thats a real mess bad reports on every other fourm about fgs it cant be far of being on tv at this stage i am on a flight to orlando in a couple of weeks and it is the same for everyone a/c changed seat config changed fuel stop whatever way you look at a stop is a stop but 12 hours late and on a 737 a total:mad: up .. ps globe are saying that the have a 183 config but the iceland air a/c has 189???? come on sir get it sorted!!!

warkman
11th May 2007, 09:34
Sanford arrivals showing the flight arriving now at 07:40 instead of 06:30, so now arriving 12:40 UK time.
Interesting that the return flight is showing (GSM726) arrival at Glasgow at 11:40, 1 hour before it arrives at SAN!

those poor pax who should have been back yesterday, looks ike they wont be back until tonight.

On another airline, TCD flight also showing horrendous delay on the SAN-LGW flight. XLA121 due in today at 8:15 now due saturday at 09:30

I know scheduled airlines can have a couple of hours delays, but is the cheapness of these flights worth the hassle?

TightSlot
11th May 2007, 11:13
Please can we now stop with the running updates on the STD/STA of specific flights - this forum is not a Solari Board.

FHA
11th May 2007, 13:32
Wooah! Been three weeks without internet access and I find this thread still going!
I'm typing this from the hotel in Florida that Flyg have paid for! It looks like I'm getting back to GLA 24 hrs late in a 737 even though I booked business class for my family and myself!
My mother was 30 hours late getting back this week also. Globespan should stick to shorthaul.
Just don't take it out on the cabin crew everyone, because they're far better than Globespan deserve.

warkman
11th May 2007, 15:00
FHA,
Might not be as bad. Have a look on the Airlines airports forum on this site, page 4 of Flyglobespan someone thinks the Belfast to Sanford was done by a 757?