PDA

View Full Version : PAL Airbus training

DeltaSix
15th Apr 2007, 01:29
Hello everyone,

For the ex-PAL or CP pilots (and current ones as well), I would just like to get an idea how you're training was conducted in the past in terms of location and training materials and others.

Firstly, can you tell me where you did your training ? I assume it's not in PAL or inside the Phils as they don't have Airbus simulators.

Secondly, what training materials did they give you and were you able to take home ( ex. CBT software, generic flight manuals, books ).

Thirdly, did they require you to bring a laptop with you in training and if they did, did PAL or your airline provided you with one.

Fourth, how can you describe your training environment in those days compared to nowadays ?.... was it hostile, friendly, relaxed, tense.

Any other input on your experience would be appreciated. I just want to compare the "then and now".

Also, I know some of you might laugh or scoff at this, but is management open to suggestions coming from the flight crews about changes in the airline operations or do you feel like talking to a brick wall when you're trying to get them to address issues ? I could only guess this is probably one of the underlying reasons of the strike in the past, but let's try and not go to that extent shall we. Although, your comments would be great.

Cheers mates
D6

jetcruiser
15th Apr 2007, 18:32
Hi D6,

Congratulations, you seem to have a good news. So when are you starting?
Place of training: Hongkong(most of the time),toulouse, USA, Korea, Singapore, Beijing and even as far as Zurich and Berlin.
Books:FCOMs
No laptops
In this order: Hostile, tense, friendly and relax. It eases as you count the years up your sleeves.
You can leave the Mgnt people on the side and concentrate on the training. Never pissed them off, not even a single one, or your future is capoot:E

Goodluck mate and see you around,
Jc

DeltaSix
15th Apr 2007, 23:03
Thanks JC :ok: ...... that's our secret :cool: ;)

Say hello to Cessna 1052 for me. :ok:

expatula
16th Apr 2007, 02:18
Hi D6, looks like some good things are coming your way, dude! Whatever your secret may be, i wish you all the best! :ok:

DeltaSix
16th Apr 2007, 23:00
Hi Expatula,

Thanks my friend.... he-he-he :} , ssshhhhhh.......... ;)

Any other inputs on the questions above ?..... :ok:

D6