PDA

View Full Version : Training and the Wife

I'mbatman
13th Apr 2007, 00:40
I will be starting DEFO training in HK in August. My wife is planning on coming for one-two weeks. Anyone have any input on the best time for her to come? CAD weeks? systems? sims? LFUS? Thanks

womble006
13th Apr 2007, 01:02
Never is an option

Mr. Bloggs
13th Apr 2007, 02:59
So what does the Wife look like? Got a picture?:=

I would say during ground training. It is the only part that is non jeopardy.

Which fleet and where you based?

J32drivr
13th Apr 2007, 05:57
Brought mine over right towards the end of systems ground school, which tends to be about the 5-6 week mark. Works out pretty well, as after that you generally have about a week or so of just some emergency training, FLI workshops, CRM, whatever, before you actually start simulator training-its pretty laid back and you'll have plenty of time to do other things. Since you'll be in the simulator periodically during systems ground school, you should already have your flows and procedures down pretty well, so there's not TOO much to study during that time frame. Also, after Systems everyone's ready to go blow off some steam, so it usually ends up being a pretty fun weekend.
Some of the boys waited till LFUS to bring their wives over. The problem with that is your roster changes quite frequently, so often the guys would be off, bring the wife over, and then end up having to fly. Besides, you'll get a chance to do a frieghter trip back to the states and go home for a week or so sometime during LFUS and get to see her then.
Cheers

I'mbatman
13th Apr 2007, 20:24
Thanks ....i'm gonna be B744F out of JFK....hey bloggs....you can see her when i'm in HK but no touching;)

IB

sizematters
14th Apr 2007, 01:24
Best to start traing the wife from day 1...............teach her to fetch and carry, roll over, but not to "Play dead" OK ??

Subsitute "Rental" wives are a better option and freely available any night of the week in "Fenwicks" these have the advantage that you don't have to listen to them whining...................................

cpdude
14th Apr 2007, 01:53
Best to start traing the wife from day 1...............teach her to fetch and carry, roll over, but not to "Play dead" OK ??
Subsitute "Rental" wives are a better option and freely available any night of the week in "Fenwicks" these have the advantage that you don't have to listen to them whining...................................

This sound :} financial retirement plan has been brought to you by the letter "D" ...dummy!:8 :}

I'mbatman, anytime really but she needs to know that you may not have much time for her depending on your changing schedule.:)

sizematters
14th Apr 2007, 12:15
cpdude..........I'd offer to have a battle of wits with you..............

but.............

It wouldn't be fair for me to take on an unarmed man !!!

Glacier1900
14th Apr 2007, 17:25
Silly bastard! You train women BEFORE the wedding day, after that they unfortunately train YOU!

hog tied
14th Apr 2007, 18:05
Well said, my friend.

sizematters
15th Apr 2007, 00:49
mmm, well I haven't spoken to my wife for the past year...............

I don't like to interrupt her !!!

actually we were going out to dinner the oher night and she was complaining about having nothing to wear......................so I told her, "Hey, theres that thing of your mothers in the wardrobe, if you just shorten the sleeve's a bit and take the swastika's off, it will be fine"

train them Before marriage ?? Novel Idea....................know anyone who has suceeded at this ???

coded_messages
22nd Apr 2007, 12:55
A little off topic I know but...
Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources.
In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activities, such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Going To The Pub 7.5, and Softball 3.6
I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0in the background while attempting to run my other favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!
Thanks,
Troubled User.....
Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to uninstall, or purge, the program files from the system once installed.
You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings: Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application Yes Dear 2.7 to alleviate your program problems.
The best course of action is to enter the command C :\APOLOGIZE! because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.
Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance! Wife 1.0 does come with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5, and Do Bills 4.2
However, be very careful how you use these programs . Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0
WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system!
Best of luck,
Tech Support