PDA

View Full Version : Best place to drag your tail?

looptheloop
12th Apr 2007, 21:12
I am looking to build up some more tailwheel time, I already have my tailwheel endorsement with 25 hours so far but would like to continue to learn from those who know taildraggers the best. Any advice as to who is a good club, instructor, or owner with whom i could share costs particularly in the north west (Liverpool/Manchester area) would be really appreciated,
Thanks, Louise

BlueRobin
13th Apr 2007, 00:31
You coudl do no worse than get a share in the poetpilot Citabria

http://www.citabriation.co.uk/

Arrestahook
14th Apr 2007, 09:53
Or head down the road for a couple of days to Sibson in Peterborough and fly a Tiger Moth, Super Cub, 2 seat Pitts Special and by arrangement Fairchild Argus. All in one day if you fancy a challenge. Have a look at www.nsof.co.uk. A fun friendly school.

Billredshoes
14th Apr 2007, 11:28
Or if you would like to fly the BIG ONE

http://www.an2club.info/

machinehead
16th Apr 2007, 18:52
Try calling Liverpool Flying School and asking them. There is a Chipmunk, Stampe and Stearman all based at Liverpool but I'm not sure who own them. LFS may be able to point you in the right direction.:ok:

Shaggy Sheep Driver
16th Apr 2007, 19:20
The Chippy at LFS is ours (G-BCSL), and there is at least one share for sale. LFS have the details.

davidatter708
16th Apr 2007, 20:06
There is a whole chippy for sale at leicester I do believe

looptheloop
17th Apr 2007, 18:11
I had forgotten about LSF, i have admired their Chipmunk from afar and will definately contact them. Thanks for all the suggestions so far, Louise.

BlueRobin
17th Apr 2007, 20:16
The Red Chip is a group-owned partly so by Shaggy. I don't think LFS rent it. They had Poet's Citabria for a while but it never did many hours.
What then are the hireable options in the NW as asked? :)

Shaggy Sheep Driver
17th Apr 2007, 21:26
Yes, as I posted, what's availabale is a share in our privately owned Chippy that happens to be hangared at LFS. No rental available. There might be a renatble taildragger at Blackpool, but since G-BOIN left LAC at Barton some years back, there's been no rentable one elswhere in NW.