PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Agent Job For BA

lokas
12th Apr 2007, 17:39
I have recently been accepted for an interview for a Ramp Agent position with BA at LHR, and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a few questions.

What will the interview consist of (ie. will it be just an interview or some sort of assesment aswell?)
I was told that I will need to pass an airfield driving test, does anybody know what this will entail?

And finnaly, just wondering wether anyone is working or has worked in such a position and knows how shifts work (earliest starts, latest finishes etc) and how days off are structured.

Thanks in advance

Bluejay
13th Apr 2007, 09:41
Hi Lokas,

Shifts - depending on job (I've been in about 4 departmrnts) but all pretty much Earlies, Lates and Nights. Earlies can start between 0445 and 0600, Lates from about 1400 ish depends on the cover required. We also have Day shifts (12-13 hrs) but not sure if the LHR boys and girls have these (again could vary between departments). days on and off again depending on area some do 5-3, 6-3 or even 4-4 (rare).

It seems to me that most of the interview questions revolve around teamwork, leadership etc, but it would pay to have some knowledge of the company and the operation, have a good look at ba.com.

When I joined ('98) I had to do a few tests before being invited back for interview - numeracy, logic, spatial awareness etc not really stuff you can revise for unfortunatly. Was then invited to return for an interview and when succesful at that was offered a job pending medical and BA driving test (landside only on the public highways). My airside test came later when I moved to another section of Cargo and needed to go airside.

Also I am sure you would have been told that the employment is dependent upon 5 years checkable history and criminal record checks.

Hope this helps,

Regards Bluejay

lokas
30th Apr 2007, 12:57
Well I had the interview and it was mostly 20-30 minutes of questions about myself. I have now been invited to attend a Driving test and Medical at Waterside so hopefully all will go well. Does anybody know how stringent the medical is and what I should expect from the driving test?

Thanks

HZ123
1st May 2007, 13:36
The medical is merely a general health check much of the info you will have already provided. The driving test will be conducted over 1.5 hours, This is to ascertain you can drive and your licence is correct. When you go out listen to what the tester says and swot up the night before on breaking distances and road signs, whatever you do use the mirroe, signal and on no account exceed the speed limit. See you at induction which is due to start first week of June.

lokas
1st May 2007, 18:54
Great. Thanks very much for the info.

See you there :)