PDA

View Full Version : Check in desks

norton2005
12th Apr 2007, 15:17
I didnt know where to post this but as this was a ground forum i thought it could be posted here, i was just wondering, the guys at check in desks at the airport, putting your bags through and stuff, what kind of salary are they on? thanks

finding_nema
12th Apr 2007, 16:53
The official job title is passenger service agent or customer service agent, the job also involving boarding and arrivals duties, with pay and conditions depending on whether you manage to work for a handling agent or an airline themselves. Per hour rates are pretty low, but especially in the summer there are lots of overtime opportunities across the board to bump up the salary.

Goldilocks95
12th Apr 2007, 22:37
crap salary thats what we are on! im with circusair-i get 5.56 an hour plus shift pay - thats permenant part time - they wont take full time to satrt with- well not as far as i know anyway! it is less when you first start as well as its only a temp contract - i take home about £900 after taxes and stuff - i think you get about £750 on temp after taxes. varies each month though.

norton2005
13th Apr 2007, 14:36
Thanks for all the help.

macaulays
15th Apr 2007, 17:26
Menzies new start check in staff at Edinburgh airport are on £7.41 an hour plus bonus depending on punctuality of flights going out etc.

older_wiser
15th Apr 2007, 20:39
Sounds good, maybe i'll apply.

Many companies at LHR/LGW etc do not pay that for Experienced staff of in some cases ( and i'm sure you all know who ) Dispatchers ! :rolleyes:

Goldilocks95
16th Apr 2007, 23:10
omg i need to move to edi! i think our supervisors are at that rate!

GoEDI
16th Apr 2007, 23:27
That's a flat rate though, no shift pay.