PDA

View Full Version : First Choice Airways

Flyer2007
12th Apr 2007, 15:16
Hi all,

I have just been invited to an assessment day with FCA at MAN and I would just like to know what it is like to work for the Airline?

Also, what are the pay conditions like and the flights for newbies, is it all shorthaul or a mixture of both from Manchester?

Is there anyone who has recently gone through the assessment day? If so, I would be grateful if you could give me some pointers! Thank you!

Flyer 2007 :}

walshy_MAN
12th Apr 2007, 16:12
Hey flyer2007,

What date is the assessment day?

Flyer2007
12th Apr 2007, 21:31
Hi,

My assessment day is on Sunday 29th April. Do you have one also?

vodkaholic
15th Apr 2007, 11:26
Flyer, I believe that new starters have been trained on the 767 longhaul plane this year. However, your start date (if you get the job) will now be quite late in the season so I reckon you will just be trained on short haul.

FCA is a wonderful company to work for and as crew you are treated very well! Our flight duty pay has just been increased so on shorthaul you now earn £2.71 for every hour you are flying. During our busy summer months you will be able to live easily off of your monthly wages, so don't worry about that!

Good luck at your interview!

Flyer2007
15th Apr 2007, 20:17
Thanks! I'm hoping it will go well too! Glad to hear they're a great company to work for! Thanks for the info! :-) Flyer. :ok:

walshy_MAN
16th Apr 2007, 13:17
Hey,

I havent no :( im just trying to figure out why I might have not been successful at the application stage. When did you apply to FCA?

Flyer2007
16th Apr 2007, 14:16
I applied around a week to ten days ago. I always find it handy to see where you went wrong to improve for next time. Good luck and I'm sure you will suceed if your heart's in it. I'm just worried about the assessment day now, hope I get through but not sure!:(

Flyer. :ok:

Clairet1982
17th Apr 2007, 15:25
I've got my assesement with first choice on the 29th too!
I'm soooo nervous. I really hope i don't mess up at the interview...if i get thatfar!!!

What time is yours?

Mine's 8am

Has anyone been to a first choice assessment day that could give me some inside info coz i wanna be really prepared and i want to know what to expect as i've never been to anything like this before

Thanks

BYALPHAINDIA
17th Apr 2007, 22:38
Huh, If you get a job at FCA, You might be changing uniforms in the next 6 months to Thomson First Choice or whatever it may be??

Have you tried Jet2 yet, It would be ideal for you living near LBA,
It could be a more secure employment.

All the best with the Interview.:ok:

loosey
18th Apr 2007, 08:04
hi guys,
ive got an assessment day on the 3rd May, im really nervous, is there anyone else on this one, and can anyone give me any pointers?
:uhoh:
thanks

vodkaholic
18th Apr 2007, 12:06
byalphaindia - nobody knows what will happen, but as this is a merger and not a takeover things are looking good for FCA. if it wasn't for this merger, then we would eventually lose out due to the big takeover of my travel by thomas cook.

we are changing uniforms anyway in June and the merger won't be completed for a while yet, so all you new recruits needn't worry about that!!

at the assessment days make sure you chat to everyone, smile lots and just be yourself. sounds cheesy i know but first impressions count for everything! also swot up on the company a bit as there is usually an exam about this, and odnt forget your calculator for the maths exam!

good luck!

Wild Tiger
27th Apr 2007, 11:51
I'll be greatfull if anyone can shed some light on the Engineering side - merger means a possible restructure including engineering departments. If this happens are the jobs safe and/or joining the company (at this stage). what do the new joiners think??? Is it too risky !!!!

Appreciate any solid information.

Thanks

Flyer2007
6th May 2007, 11:49
Hi all,

I made it through the interview with FCA at MAN :O, but have now been put in a "hold pool" because the places for May's course are full. They have said if a vacancy arises this season they will contact me. The question is, does anyone know if it is likely that they have another training course at MAN this summer? Or do you think I'll just be kept on hold until 2008? Thanks!

Flyer

vodkaholic
6th May 2007, 14:39
sorry, i cant see them holding another course at MAN, but it has been known to train people into june before so time will tell!! keep those fingers crossed! normally people do change their minds even after accepting the job, so you never know!!