PDA

View Full Version : Copying Animations

Essential Buzz
12th Apr 2007, 02:31
Someone recently sent me an e-mail which contained a rather neat animation. Is there a simple way to copy and save this?

Right clicking only allows me to copy the initial picture (out of a series of 4 or 5), but not the whole thing.

unclenelli
12th Apr 2007, 07:14
Sounds like the animation is a GIF file.
Save it to hard-drive, then right-click on the file and "Open With..."
Then choose another file to open it with (you must do this even if it suggests Internet Explorer in the first list)
Browse for Internet Explorer and tick the "Always Use This" box (this is what you don't get if you don't "Choose another")
Click OK

Now, windows will always open GIF files with IE which is capable of animating them.

Another option is to copy the file into something like PowerPoint and view as a slideshow

Essential Buzz
13th Apr 2007, 04:13
Thanks for the reply, but still no joy I'm afraid.

The file was originally saved as a "bmp", but even when saved as a "gif" and your instructions followed, only one image is available. Similarly when PowerPoint was utilized - only the first image available.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

planecrazy.eu
18th Apr 2007, 18:49
It may well be the case that the animation is a string of stills, which i would think it is.

Not sure 100% how you can save it as a "Whole" file. But you can however save each individual frame, and then download a tool that will animate them togeather.

Google animated gifs, or type it in over at downloads.com, there are plenty of free tools...