PDA

View Full Version : Flyjet

arewehomeyet
10th Apr 2007, 12:04
Hi, just been offered a job with Flyjet, can anyone let me know how long the training is, how much is the the flight time pay etc. :)

spencer-owen
10th Apr 2007, 13:57
Flight pay is £2.30 per hour...junior wages is £10700, assistant purser is £14000...and purser wages is £17000......what rank are you going to be as cabin crew......bye for now

arewehomeyet
10th Apr 2007, 14:04
Thanks for that, I've been told is the AP posts haven't been allocated yet and that the decision(s) will be based on how people perform in the training course, apparently everyone will be going in as juniors. This would be my 5th season as cabin crew, I'm not sure if Flyjet would class that as enough experience for AP. :p

happychap
10th Apr 2007, 19:24
All I can say is good luck to you but don't hold your breath. Have a look at the other Flyjet post under airlines, routes ..... You may have a better idea the type of company you will be working for

arewehomeyet
11th Apr 2007, 10:18
I have read the other threads, all I can do is go and see how I find it, if it's not good I'll go to another airline. Did you used to work for Flyjet?:p

fje1
11th Apr 2007, 12:51
Hi, What base will you be going for.

Junior wages start at £10,500 with £2.30ph plus commission.
AP £14,000, 2.30ph plus commission
PSR £17,000 2.30ph plus commission

You will enjoy working at Flyjet and people have been made up to AP after 12 months of flying experience. or sometimes less with direct entry.
Our crews are very friendly, some really good routes, and aircraft in better condition than they have ever been in.

Things are looking up

arewehomeyet
11th Apr 2007, 13:37
Hi fje1, my base will be Newcastle, I start my training on 23rd April, can't wait, this 9-5 malarky is killing me. Apparently they will be chosing the AP's based on peoples performance during their training so I need to dig our my professional mature head.:)

fje1
1st May 2007, 09:45
Previous airline experience will help you be promoted to AP quicker. But for new entrants never having flown will only be entering as main cabin crew.
If you have flown previously then this information may be correct but if you haven't i'm afraid that you will not be considered for Assistant Purser until you have reached 6 months flying experience.
I hope your training course has been going great and we look forward to working with you at Flyjet.

theotherone
14th May 2007, 13:03
so glad to see flyjet finally got a tv advert.......lol.....really id be ashamed, pack it before you become a national joke airline

theotherone
14th May 2007, 14:18
oops forgot it already is......

NCL1
14th May 2007, 16:07
happens to all airlines! just has totally been blown out of proportion! stick to what you know!!! :ugh:

hoey5o
15th May 2007, 08:12
Which is absolutely nothing !

hottowel
15th May 2007, 08:50
Is there a link to this TV advert? Would love to see it

Brian Fantana
15th May 2007, 13:49
Hottowel
Look at the last page of the Newcastle airport thread in Airlines and Airports forum.
I think thats what theotherone is sarcastically refering to - a bad advert for FJE due to tabliod sensationalism.
BF.

fje1
16th May 2007, 10:07
Get a grip guys do you really believe everything you here.
Until you work there and know the in's and outs how can you justify what you say.
Flyjet has not been tech all winter but as soon as a few problems start then its great to see you slag them off.
The aircraft are in god condition and huge amounts of money has been spent on them to bring them to standards.
For the people that support Flyjet don't let negative comments put you down stand upto them .

Flyjet has to prove it can make it this season otherwise there is no chance of us being here after October.
So for them people who don't agree with Flyjet, think of the crews that already work here and work hard to keep the airline operational at the moment.
Support them so they can carry on with what the love doing and make Flyjet a better place.

fje1
16th May 2007, 10:12
Do you think its time we saw Flyjet leave the airline network?
Has this airline had its time to shine or not?

PLease state YES/NO and state a reason.

Personally I don't think Flyjet has served its purpose yet and done alot of work the airline never set out to do which is why its in such a mess.

If Flyjet finally got its time to shine and someone focused on the situaction the stuff that Flyjet could do would be hughly profitable and leave other charter airlines way behind.

gatwicknose
16th May 2007, 10:44
Its never going to happen as long as you are tied up with Lawrence and his silver brigade.....the aim was clear, a ready made aoc with just a short summer to put up with before the leases end....

Its a real shame...I spent a few happy summers working with FJE at LGW and was sad to see them go......

theotherone
16th May 2007, 12:55
i agree gatwicknose, why cant people see what was really going on with flyjet, it did a lot of strange work on a cash only basis, to crap 3rd world countries where the crew where not looked after and quite often when you went to work had no idea when you would get home. and now people are defending it out of complete denial of the facts that silverjet bought it just for the 76 and the aoc, gatwick has already closed, do you really think the people at silverjet are concentrating on finding work for flyjet when they have their own new business to focus on. The crew at gatwick and manchester have been "getting what they can" from the airline knowing it will end. I wish for the sake of peoples jobs it wasnt like this but face facts it will happen , flyjet will cease. most of the folk who crew at flyjet are fun and talented you could get work at another airline, just dont come in one day to find a letter saying goodbye.

NCL1
16th May 2007, 16:45
I definately don't agree that we should wave bye bye to flyjet - excellent compnay with an excellent crew at NCL and MAN to support them. I think if we see FJE have a good, profitable summer season we will see more of them in the future, profiding there is work out there for them to do, which im sure they will find. As for the comments about crew not knowing where they were going and doing the odd random flights to 3rd world countries, im sorry but thats what being crew is all about, who wants to go to alicante every tuesday!! it's what makes this industry more exciting and the job in itself.
I hope that the end is not soon for FJE, they need the support and will achieve success as they have done lately. What happened over the weekend could happen to any airline any where in the world at any time!.

flyinghigh81
16th May 2007, 17:58
its hard to see how flyjet have a future with 2 aircraft that have leases running out and no replacements. Silverjet are only interested in silverjet. It was always the crew that kept flyjet going and made it what it was/is. ncl and man crew enjoy the summer but i'd be looking out for other jobs. had a great time at flyjet and was sad not to be in a position to transfer north.