PDA

View Full Version : Routes

stella.a
9th Apr 2007, 05:09
Hi all
Hope this is in the right place.
I live in york and with the gorgeous weather we have been having the past few days the skys have been crystal clear . The vapour trails that have been left by passing jets have at times made the sky look like a motorway. Is the NE of England a major route for aircraft and if so where are they likely to be going from and to please.

Thanks in advance

Ian Brooks
9th Apr 2007, 07:55
Other than internal flights heading North/South you will have Ireland to Europe, flights to from Scotland to Southern Europe/ North Africa
and Transatlantic flights from Cental/ Northern Europe
Hope that helps

Ian

BOAC
9th Apr 2007, 11:08
Welcome to the forum, stella. You have asked a question with a huge answer. Have a look at these two images of routes over the NE of UK and it will give you a clue as to what is going on over your head.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/boacphotos/1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/boacphotos/2.gif

rossym
10th Apr 2007, 00:16
hi,

where did you get those diagrams from?

BOAC
10th Apr 2007, 06:59
I'd have to kill you if I told you:) . HOWEVER - pop down to your nearest aviation outlet and you should be able to get hold of airways charts.

Alternatively you could 'register' as a user of the UK AIS on-line service and I think there are route charts in the AIP.

rossym
10th Apr 2007, 12:41
lol cheers!

i'm registered with AIS anyway, so i'll see what i can find!

Thanks again! :)

stella.a
11th Apr 2007, 11:53
Blimey, tis like a spiders web up there :)

Thanks for all the replies

sheldon6
10th Oct 2007, 09:15
As a keen aviation spectotor i am wondering if someone can help me. I am trying to find a map with air ways in and out of the uk in paritcular bristol.

I live 10Nm south of BRS and every evenig about 10.30 i can hear / see a jet decending overhead. I have look at the SID / STARS for BRS and we do not seem to be on any approaches.

i think we may be near an airway though possible U140?