PDA

View Full Version : Licence validity

pilotho
7th Apr 2007, 16:20
Ok, I understand that I need to have flown 12 hours in the 2nd 12 months of my PPL. Question is, does this 2nd months start from the date of my skills test or the date of when the license was issued?

Thanks

BEagle
7th Apr 2007, 16:37
In the second 12 month period preceding your rating expiry date. Look in your licence and you'll find it.

Go past the expiry date by just one minute without having revalidated your licence and you'll need to fly a SEP Class Rating renewal LST.

pilotho
7th Apr 2007, 16:43
Ok found. When it does come to the date of validity, which part of the license do I send back, supposing I have the 12 hours.

gcolyer
7th Apr 2007, 17:07
I dont think you send any part back. The CAA sends you a new page instead.

dublinpilot
7th Apr 2007, 17:22
You don't send any of it back to the CAA, and neither does the CAA send you a new page.

You get an examiner to update your class rating page in your licence by hand. The examiner fills up/signs another form (then name of which I can't remember) and you send that back to the CAA (no fee).

dp

BEagle
7th Apr 2007, 17:32
You don't send anything from your licence to the CAA!

In the final 3 months of your rating validity period, a UK/FE(PPL) will need to sign off the Ratings - Certificate of Revalidation page in your licence once you have met the 'second 12 month period' revalidation requirements. You will need to produce your logbook, to include a signed entry by the FI who conducted your 1 hr training flight. Then complete the relevant form, have it signed by the Examiner when you produce your logbook and licence and send the form to the CAA.

The Examiner should not charge you for this, neither is there any payment due to the CAA.

Them thar hills
8th Apr 2007, 06:17
DP

SRG 1119 is the correct form (Issue 9 at present)

TTH

18greens
8th Apr 2007, 09:07
Beagle
'In the final 3 months ' - I was under the impression you could get your certifcate of revalidation signed at any time in the second 12 months as soon as you meet the 12 hours including one with an instructor. Did this recently change? .

BEagle
8th Apr 2007, 09:23
It was a piece of utter stupidity from the CAA. The only 3 month requirement concerns revalidation by proficiency check!

Their ANO drafter screwed up the JAR requirement and incorrectly misinterprted that, irrespective of when in the second 12 month period the revalidation requirements were met, the signature itself had to wait until the final 3 months.....:rolleyes:

LASORS 2005, 2006 and 2007 state:

If revalidating by flying experience, and providing
the examiner signs the Certificate of Revalidation
page within the 3 months prior to the rating
expiry, the validity of the revalidated rating will be
calculated from the date of expiry of the
preceding rating.

Whereas it used to state (before 2005):

If revalidating by flying experience, and
providing the examiner signs the Certificate of
Revalidation page within the 12 months prior to
the rating expiry, the validity of the revalidated
rating will be calculated from the date of expiry
of the preceding rating.

Unfortunately the CAA (who, incidentally, confirmed that their interpretation is NOT required under JAR-FCL) cannot be bothered to sort out their own ANO error as that might throw some doubt on their own competence to interpret regulations correctly. I have asked, but have had no success :ugh: - so the stupid error remains.

18greens
10th Apr 2007, 16:23
Thanks Beagle, I hadn't realised the rule had changed.