PDA

View Full Version : 747-400 / 777 Pilots Wanted

Rice Pudding
6th Apr 2007, 09:11
Are there other good jobs out there?

I have been looking about and comparing other jobs, and it seems there are a few out there.

Does anyone know more about them ? Has anyone recently taken jobs with Emirates, Korean, Etihad etc ? Any feedback on the conditions, pay ? I heard that Korean are now basing expat pilots anywhere on their network with confirmed business class travel and that they have taken on guys with R/C time as direct entry Commanders - has anyone heard if this is true ? I see Rishworth are advertising on their behalf http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/employer.asp?employerid=1671&vacID=35742

Are Emirates/Etihad employing direct entry Commanders ? Any idea of the pay ? Do they provide a commuters roster like Korean ? How do they compare to our pay and conditions ? I figure there must be some very good contract work available now.
Thanks.

Rice Pudding
6th Apr 2007, 14:05
Are there any Hong Kong based guys commuting and flying for any of these carriers outside of HK ? i.e Who still live in HK.

jtr
6th Apr 2007, 14:39
Standing by for the barrage, but speaking in a general sense, why would you want to NOT work for a HKG based carrier, but still choose to live in HKG?

The only reason I can think of is..........

nope

can't even think of one.

AAIGUY
6th Apr 2007, 15:45
Perhaps you're an albino who enjoys the protection from the sun the pollution is affording us

energie
6th Apr 2007, 17:09
perhaps he's a pilot originated from HK

zulapels
6th Apr 2007, 23:43
Pay and conditons for Emirates and Etihad on their websites for direct entry Capt/FO.
Emirates pay package looks very similar to CX B-scale after their pay rise..

KAL B744 is now US$12.000 a month after tax with 9 days off at home every month + 2 commuting days based anywhere on their network..

I'm looking forward to at least 10 years with US$ 400.000 per year due marked forces..

How many left CX last month?

zulapels
6th Apr 2007, 23:46
Pay and conditons for Emirates and Etihad on their websites for direct entry Capt/FO.
Emirates pay package looks very similar to CX B-scale after their pay rise..

Some KAL B744 contracts are now US$12.000 a month after tax with 9 days off at home every month + 2 commuting days based anywhere on their network..

I'm looking forward to at least 10 years with US$ 400.000 per year due marked forces..

How many left CX last month?

Rice Pudding
7th Apr 2007, 02:25
Yes if you currently live in HK and have ties here then the situation changes. It looks like some outside operators are looking to CX's large pool of pilots as a means to crew their own expansion. Thanks very much to those of you who emailed me. Much appreciated. There is a group of us looking to contract ourselves out, so this information is all good.

Tomatoes
7th Apr 2007, 06:43
Zupales...

With your no's...it doesn't add up to 400k/year. I assume your somewhere else then. If you are, where are you...I want in. Any suggestions?

HotDog
7th Apr 2007, 08:22
Perhaps you're an albino who enjoys the protection from the sun the pollution is affording us
45 + oC in Dubai most of the year will not provide much view of the sun for you or your family either, as youl'll be confined indoors with your aircon going flat chat.