PDA

View Full Version : Robin Scriven - Norwich/Coltishall

niknak
6th Apr 2007, 08:41
I know that this is technically an "Aircrew" site, but many of you who have spent any time at Coltishall will have come across Robin Scriven, who carried out civvi' ATCO duties at Coltishall.

I regret to inform you that Robin passed away suddenly yesterday, a totally unexpected event which has bought shock and great sadness to us all.
A bloody great bloke who will be sadly missed.

When I know the details of the funeral etc., I'll post them here.

Whirlygig
6th Apr 2007, 08:48
Sad news indeed Niknak; my thoughts are with his family and friends (and colleagues!). May he rest in peace.

He was one of the ATCOs who didn't give me a hard time :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

whowhenwhy
6th Apr 2007, 17:16
Norwich ATC without Robin will not be the same. An absolutely fantastic bloke, a great controller and an immense help to me as a baby JO controller at Colt. You could always tell summer had begun when Robin walked into the approach room in shorts and jesus sandles.

RIP mate, you were one of the best!

g.scriv
15th Apr 2007, 18:59
Thank you all for your comments and stories of my dad. It's great to hear them all so please continue to write them on here.

We now have all the times and date for the funeral they are as follows

Tuesday 24th April

2PM at St Marys Church Reepham
Please be aware that the Reepham road is closed at the church so it is best to approach from B1145 in either direction.

3.30PM St Faiths Crematorium at Horsham St Faith (NR10 3LF)

Followed by a reception in The Halifax Suite at The Holiday Inn Norwich Airport (NR6 6JA) 4.30PM onwards.

We would be very pleased if you would like to join us to raise a glass or two to dad.

Black nor Jesus sandals essential but please wear some colour.

Family flowers only - Donations in lieu to East Anglian Air Ambulance c/o Duckers Funeral Service 23 White Hart Street Aylsham Norwich NR11 6HG.

Thanks Greg Scriven and family