PDA

View Full Version : Legal action at Kemble

MadsDad
6th Apr 2007, 08:22
Sounds like there is a potential problem with most of the flying from Kemble:-

"Cotswold District Council has served notice of enforcement action on unauthorised flying operations at Kemble airfield.
The Council’s Planning Regulatory Committee resolved to take the action at its September 20th, 2006 meeting after taking legal advice from independent barristers, following complaints from local residents.

In summary, Counsel’s advice was that the principal established planning use of the airfield was for storage, repair and maintenance, and that flying activities should only be ancillary and incidental to those operations."

Sounds like someone is trying to stop GA activity there.

Full text at:-

http://www.cotswold.gov.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=6617&tt=cotswold

nouseforaname
6th Apr 2007, 08:57
This sounds bad. Major cock up by whoever is incharge. I bet that planning permission could have been swung in Kembles favour, gradually, before.

However. I wonder if the 10 year 'by default' planning permission would count? Have there been local resident complaints in the past up until now?

Flying Lawyer
6th Apr 2007, 11:38
following complaints from local residents.

Why do people who don't like aeroplanes buy houses near airfields? :confused:

BEagle
6th Apr 2007, 12:18
Perhaps because they have short memories - and small brains?

The wonderfully diplomatic way a noise complaint was handled by an aircrew mate doing an Ops tour at a certain RAF fighter base in Suffolk, let's call him 'Vermin' to preserve his anonymity should be employed:

Noise complainer: "I wish to complain about the noise of your aircraft"
Vermin: "How do you know they were ours? Tell me, did they have big red stars painted on their tails?"
Noise complainer: "I didn't see any"
Vermin: "Well you should be f*cking grateful then !"

After which he found himself no longer havig to deal with idiot noise complainers.

Another tactic I've heard used is:

"Do you wish to make this complaint official, sir? Before you answer, you need to remember that, should you ever consider selling your property you will be legally obliged to disclose that you have had cause to make official complaints about aircraft noise. This may, of course, have a significant impact on the selling price of your property. However, should you fail to disclose such a material fact concerning the value of your property to the intended purchaser, you should expect to face legal action. Now, I ask you again, do you wish to make this complaint official?"

"Thought not. CLICK!"

FL - do you want me to put you in touch with a chap who is trying to help Kemble out of this situaution?

robin
6th Apr 2007, 19:41
Was at Kemble today and it was crowded with people watching the aircraft.

Its a real shame that these NIMBYs seem to consider they have an absolute right to stop anything that annoys them,

It would really serve the bloke right if Kemble (as a brownfield site) were to be developed as a housing, or even better, industrial estate.

Arclite01
9th Apr 2007, 20:25
or a waste incinerator plant - bet he'd change his mind then..............

wsmempson
9th Apr 2007, 21:06
Well, anyone can put in a planning application - whether they own the property or not. So why not stick in an application for an asylum seekers detention centre and see if that makes the airfield seem a bit more attractive?

ericferret
10th Apr 2007, 11:04
Phone rings at Sherwood Flying Club, Tollerton during 1972 air display following very low and noisy pass by West German Starfighter.

Was that noisy aircraft one of yours?

No but I wish it was!!!!!!