PDA

View Full Version : BA op by Titan

5711N0205W
6th Apr 2007, 07:36
Currently in the Terraces at LHR T1 waiting for the delayed BA1306, apparently this will be operated by Titan (awaiting crew cited as the reason for delay).

I appreciate that there are not spare aircraft sitting around like the backup shuttle aircraft of the 70's early 80's (once got on one from EDI - LHR with only 4 pax).

Out of idle curiosity only (this is not a thread criticising anyone) and with no desire to invoke the sometimes 'emotional' reactions that can be attached to BA threads, how often does it happen that a none branded sub charter is used? I guess tech delays, crew sickness and out of hours situations can all contribute to these situations.

TIA

apaddyinuk
6th Apr 2007, 07:46
Doesnt happen too often buddy but in Gatwick it seems to be happening every few months. I did notice the 737 at gate 5 the other day so I assume it is in for the week at LHR.

BA are happy to cite crew sickness but its probably a result of their own cock ups or aircraft maintenance. They just had hundreds of longhaul crew transfer to Shorthaul in the last few weeks so they cannot use that excuse.

I remember when I worked for Aer Lingus we regularly had Titan, Flightline, BEA operating flights for us with 146's, 737's and BAC1-11's. Also the odd Transaer A320 from time to time.

Hotel Mode
6th Apr 2007, 10:11
Its actually a cockup in the airbus design department. 5 Airbuses off line with undercarriage cracks.

5711N0205W
6th Apr 2007, 12:54
That would explain it for sure, the ground staff handed out a letter at the gate mentioning unscheduled maintenance and for the delay the operating crew could not start their duty period in time due to a late one yesterday.

Quite a while since I have been in a 737 - 300, just goes to show how much better the more up to date interiors are :)

Musket90
7th Apr 2007, 18:31
Irrespective of aircraft (nice livery) I'm sure the Titan in-flight service was second to none

apaddyinuk
9th Apr 2007, 18:38
Well must be cos saw it there this morning again!

Global Pilot
10th Apr 2007, 13:01
The Titan 737 will be working out of LHR on BA shuttle flights untill April 20 at least. Doing LHR to MAN,GLA,EDI and ABZ.

nivsy
10th Apr 2007, 15:03
Yeah noticed it on the BA website between Glasgow and Heathrow. Is clearly indicated that by use of (flight operated by Titan).

Nivsy

5711N0205W
11th Apr 2007, 11:19
Irrespective of aircraft (nice livery) I'm sure the Titan in-flight service was second to none

Efficient is how I would describe it... can't really ask for much more. :)

CHIVILCOY
11th Apr 2007, 14:40
Was on a Titan 757 operating GLA-LHR last December, service was excellent (G&T,Sandwich and coffee) all served very professionally on a busy flight. I informed BA that they were an excellent substitute.