PDA

View Full Version : Fitting that the Junglys are bringing them home!!

Strictly Jungly
5th Apr 2007, 12:40
Firstly,

Many thanks to all who PM'ed me during the last 2 weeks. Your words were very welcome.

Secondly,

I have deliberately avoided the speculation and utter utter Bollox spouted in here over various threads as I had other things to consider. All I can say is that, as usual, it varied from the common sense (and well informed)to the pathetic (see latest thread from some individual named Set or whatever). My view on the Press and their involvement has not improved, far from it, some of them need stringing up! The level of support provided to the families has been impressive and it would appear that the organisation for today is first class.

Job done and now is the time for the post mortems to begin if you armchair speculators wish !

Thirdly,

Forget BA, travel in style to Chivenor!!:D

A very happy and relieved SJ.

stickmonkeytamer
5th Apr 2007, 13:06
Shame that the BBC journo called them Chinooks as they taxied out.

Slight concern that the delay was due to going u/s though...;)

Well done to all!

SMT

22/7 Master
5th Apr 2007, 16:45
Bit disappointed not to see a 'naked crewman' on Sky News over Heathrow, but I suppose it's not Schipol.....

GasFitter
5th Apr 2007, 19:51
Did the Junglies take them to RAF Chivenor (Sky) or RMB Chivenor (BBC)?

ShyTorque
5th Apr 2007, 20:12
Just hope the junglies managed to find the destination OK - I'd hate to think of them going over a border or something and getting captured.....

Seriously, glad to hear they are all back safely.

Taffer
6th Apr 2007, 17:00
Just a snippet from today's Glasgow Herald:

....were hurried to two RAF Sea King helicopters....

It seems having 'ROYAL NAVY' in two-foot high lettering on the tailboom isn't enough of a hint for some journos.

Junta Leader
6th Apr 2007, 17:12
Glad to see them home and some military aviation being reported upon (albeit slightly inaccuratly) in a positive way! Well done to all concerned and welcome home to the 15.:D

Still wish it was RAF Chivenor though......

AlanM
6th Apr 2007, 17:49
They did say on Sky News as the 2 Skings touched down:

"The aircraft will remain running, even thought BA Flight blah blah was 10 minutes away, as they are worried about the electronic starters"

Nice PR work! Well done anyway.