PDA

View Full Version : Air Jamaica

LACSA320
4th Apr 2007, 19:46
Any info on these guys?
Besides the boeing news.............any pilot info?
Thanks

MTBrulz
5th Apr 2007, 17:05
what's wrong with LACSA??

LACSA320
6th Apr 2007, 15:52
im not at lacsa just my name cause the paint they had back then was the best on a320

Bredrin
7th Apr 2007, 04:29
Talk to one of the LACSA guys who used to work there

SkyMiles
27th Apr 2007, 23:07
I heard Air Jamaica is not going Boeing anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

BountyKilla123
2nd May 2007, 14:23
i heard they had difficulties getting them and perhaps get 319s instead

don't quote me on that

Bredrin
20th May 2007, 04:12
The bids for 757 are out!

older_wiser
23rd May 2007, 08:18
Read in the English Press, that from October Air Jamaica will stop flying to London.

Virgin will take over the Heathrow slots and also make extra flights to MO Bay from LGW.

How sad to see another colourful carrier full of History disappear from the UK Market, basically priced out and swallowed up by the big boys !

cordy
25th May 2007, 18:58
Yes it is sad but how can we manage with limited resources.

tropical wave
26th May 2007, 01:35
A regional carrier is the only answer.The world is laughting @ us.Divide and rule.

flufdriver
26th May 2007, 22:15
Tropical Wave;

you're absolutely correct!

The Irony is that many of us know this, but the only way it can happen is if the populations that elect politicians can see the light, as with so many other issues!

Local/regional politics revolves around personalities and nationalistic themes, this is not conducive to a regional approach to anything other then economic decline and emigration of the "best and brightest"

I'm obviously not amongst those as I am still here!

In the meantime the "big boys" be they airlines or cruise lines, continue to reap the benefits of our small mindedness!

fluf

Panama Jack
27th May 2007, 05:47
Sadly, in the region, the only politicians that have every really seen the light and made a difference were not elected. I'm talking about ones like Omar Torrijos, etc. Democracy is a failure in most parts of the world, it seems.

Don't dispare flufdriver. Qatar Airways, Etihad and Emirates now hiring even in Latin America.

flufdriver
27th May 2007, 14:23
You're right PJ, maybe I should just go and do a couple of years in the ME before hanging my goggles up for good!

It would beat getting frustrated by the fact that so many people don't seem to see the obvious! Just do your job and don't care!

Again I have to agree with you; democracy is a very flawed system and it is the worst system to have except for all the others.

It has been said many times that a benevolent dictatorship is a good form of government. I guess that is particularly true if your personal disposition puts you on the same track as the benevolent dictators!

fluf

cordy
30th May 2007, 12:14
It is the worst time I think to be in the Caribbean. Many years back when I was younger I moved to the M.E and did well. I only had Dash8 time so can you imagine for the pilots who have Jet time. Good luck to all.
Dem politicians not just rob the country but they rob us all, even the ones who are away. A good politician is a dead one, they destroyed the Caribbean, the richest place on earth. No war, low poverty, a lot of money, good education and the most important is that the people.
God bless the Caribbean.

camprax
30th May 2007, 14:31
Hear Hear, with you all the way