PDA

View Full Version : GOL Buys both Varig and Varig Log

wannabe-aviator
4th Apr 2007, 10:17
Can someone please confirm to me that what I read on the Cargo news website is true and not an Aprils fools jokes.

It stated that on the 29th of March Gol payed 98 Million US Dollars in Cash Plus share option making the deal go up to over 200 million USD to buy out both Varig and Varig Log am not sure if this has been covered before on PPrune but Id appreciate any into from my South American Aviators who may have the download on this.

Varig has always and will Always be my Favourite Latin American Airline and I hope this is True because according to the Article http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-brazilian-airline-gol-buys-varig-320-million-dollars-/2007/03/29/2451884.htm

If it is true which I think it might well be what do you all think of the deal can we see a AER LINGUS style of Airline out of VRG where by AER Lingus is the National Airlines of Ireland but they Operate almost on a LOW COST model with thier prices, it would be cool to fly on VRG soon again sometime in August.

WA :ok:

PS.. Best of luck to all involved and May Varig always stay in the Air as its such an Iconic Airline in my Point of view.