PDA

View Full Version : Hate at military funerals

jayteeto
2nd Apr 2007, 03:49
A link to Louis theroux documentary on TV tonight. Watch the video, it is long but you will be very angry. I guarantee it, scum.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/noise/?id=louis_theroux

Saintsman
2nd Apr 2007, 07:11
No doubts in their minds that they are the only true followers of the Bible and that everyone else is going to hell. Its going to be a lonely place with just that lot in there :hmm:

Causing hurt to those attending funerals is hardly Christian behaviour either but when you're blinkered you can't see anything else.

I suppose the only good thing you can say about them is that they don't go setting off bombs.

cornish-stormrider
2nd Apr 2007, 07:51
Please don't tar all us Christians with these loonies.

Most of us are not entirely weird,

Sl4yer
2nd Apr 2007, 08:11
I really enjoyed the programme. Louis always gets his subjects to drop their guard (at least a bit), so THEY show themselves for what they really are. Which in last night's case was a small bunch of hate-filled bigots, who are almost as far removed from most Christians' beliefs as Saddam. I'm sure they'll grow old and lonely.

The most interesting thing for me was that they were even allowed too do that! I'm sure there are numerous laws in the UK which would see them sent to prison for a long time.

bwfg3
2nd Apr 2007, 10:07
It seemed to me that various members of the "family" had been brainwashed. But the main man "gramps" had some serious issues and possibly had been abused as a child. These were scary people and definately non christian. Mind you, they did hate ABBA.

Razor61
2nd Apr 2007, 11:46
I watched this in disgust. Their little kids were asked what the signs mean't why they were doing it and they didn't even know, and get pelted by people driving by with drink cartons etc over the head.

Here is their website... it should be taken down in my opinion and the government should do something about the followers. Either that, or one day soon someone else will, it won;t be a drinks carton out of the car window (number plates were covered over) it will be someone with a gun out the window....
www.godhatesamerica.com

Chicken Leg
2nd Apr 2007, 12:05
You had to admire the restraint shown by the families and friends at the funerals. This group of lunatics are little more than a cult and their leader came across as a nasty bully.

AHQHI656SQN
2nd Apr 2007, 12:15
I can see that if this sort of biblical interpretation goes un-checked it will gather more followers. I consider what I viewed as Christianity’s version of the Taliban. Before you know where you are they’ll be dictating who gets educated and by what means those chosen are educated.

It could only happen in the USA, shocking! :mad:

Wyler
2nd Apr 2007, 12:15
Intersting programme. They were like the western equivalent of Islamic Fundementalists. Surprised more of them have not been hospitalised. The female Louis kept interviewing was fit though.:E

Not even the Coast Guard escaped the banners.:eek:

Fg Off Max Stout
2nd Apr 2007, 12:57
For those that didn't see the program here they are in action elsewhere: video (http://www.break.com/index/crazy_phelps_family_on_tyra.html) Nice sane bunch of people!

I'm surprised that these people don't get punched out more often, not that I advocate violence but because they rejoice in other people's suffering and deliberately antagonize everyone outside their own little world. I feel sorry for the little kids who are being brainwashed into becoming hated outcasts.

I did feel that the 21 year old daughter could be redeemed - I reckon a good dose of aircrew loving is all it would take to turn her around. One good session and she'll be a free-loving hippy chick with flowers in her hair. :ok:

http://www.break.com/index/crazyfox20.html
http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=114904
http://www.break.com/index/hannityloon.html

HAL9000
2nd Apr 2007, 13:11
I know these people are infuriating but it really is best just to ignore them (at least whilst they remain non-violent). The rational response was demonstrated by the servicemen seen walking past them, en-route to a colleague's funeral, who just smiled and carried on as if they weren't there. That was true dignity.

You will never persuade these people to alter there opinions through reasoning with them as normal society's values mean nothing to them. As stated previously, it is the children that deserve our pity. With the exception of the half-wit who joined as an adult, it is through brainwashing children (and enlisting the feeble minded) that they perpetuate themselves.

I hate to say this but, in a democracy, even these idiots are entitled to their opinions.

Fg Off Max Stout
2nd Apr 2007, 13:27
I hate to say this but, in a democracy, even these idiots are entitled to their opinions.

Indeed, but freedom of speech stops when it harms other people. Bear in mind that before the 500ft rule these people used to get right amongst the funerals of sevicemen. If I had been burying a colleague or relative and these arseholes turned up to disrupt it with their offensive, irrational antics, bones would be broken, I promise you.

Perhaps these are the people we should deploy to Afghanistan. These Christian religious fundamentalist crazies would either get on famously with the Taliban or they'd wipe each other out!

OFBSLF
2nd Apr 2007, 13:46
It could only happen in the USA, shocking!Nope. There are wackos everywhere. With ~300 million people here and several 24-hour cable channels desperate for programming, you just tend see them more.

con-pilot
2nd Apr 2007, 18:57
Sadly this is the price we pay for having "Freedom of Speech" in the United States. The right of religious freedom also factors in this sad state of affairs.

The "Freedom of Speech" encompasses all beliefs and the right for one to say anything they feel that needs to be heard, whether they be idiots, just plain crazy or truly sick individuals. The few restrictions regarding the Freedom of Speech are:

Advocating the violent overthrow of the United States Government. (This restriction is violated often, however, seldom is any action taken.)

Threating the life of the President, Vice-President, the Members of the Supreme Court and their families. (This law is very strictly enforced.)

The right to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater is not protected by Freedom of Speech. (Or such an equivalent type statement.)

However, equally the right of Freedom of Speech allows very large 18 wheel transport trucks (lorries) to be parked between the insane ultra-right religious nuts from Kansas and the funerals. The Freedom of Speech allows motorcycle clubs to attend these military funerals and separate the nuts from the bereaved families and the right for the members of the motorcycle club to rev up the engines on their Harleys to drown out the Kansas nuts.

So it works both ways.

In Oklahoma we passed a law that no person or persons can protest within a 1,000 feet (I think) of a funeral or a bereaved family home without the permission of the family. This seems to be working, however, this law can still be challenged in court, no one has challenged the law as of now.

SFH
2nd Apr 2007, 20:43
“We stand on, drag, spit upon, etc. the flag because it is a symbol not of America, but of fagdom.”The argument they put forward isn't the most convincing.

:ugh:

vortexadminman
2nd Apr 2007, 22:35
The only thing that is strange is that these feckwits have been spouting off so much in the USA of all places. Of all the countries of the world I cannot believe that they have not been subjected to a drive by.......... grenade, AR15, take your choice. Freedom of speech yeah I agree but I guess that gives me freedom to say if they die yippee!!! hang out the party flags.
disgusted!!!

RobinXe
2nd Apr 2007, 23:18
I'm not a Christian, but it strikes me, from the experience I have had, that the fellowship experienced by devout churchgoers, and the belief that they are doing good, brings powerful feelings of well-being.

I cannot comprehend, for all their rhetoric, that a life filled with hating others, and being hated by them in return, could bring such contented feeling.

I have no knowledge of the afterlife, but my belief is that there is none. My only hope, within my belief system, is that these people, who have lived unfulfilled lives of hate, realise this in the moments before their demise, and understand how their hatefilled lives have achieved nothing but misery for themselves.

I also find it very telling that the conniving old fool who 'fathers' this 'church' was unwilling to engage in debate in defense of his church. Instead he took the dismissive and aloof stance of the indefensible.

I wish that I did believe in Hell, purely so I could wish these toxic, unpleasant and vitriolic individuals an eternity languishing in it!

EDIT: I hope some lust-filled 'sinner' impregnates his horny brunette daughter in the filthiest positions imaginable, driving him to apoplexy and heart-failure!

Talking Radalt
2nd Apr 2007, 23:47
The "Freedom of Speech" encompasses all beliefs and the right for one to say anything they feel that needs to be heard, whether they be idiots, just plain crazy or truly sick individuals

How convenient that you have a Presdient who falls in to all three categories at once. :E

brickhistory
2nd Apr 2007, 23:55
How convenient that you have a Presdient who falls in to all three categories at once.

Missed by just a little.........

RobinXe
3rd Apr 2007, 01:03
We always said Americans don't understand irony!

LookDownAndSmile
3rd Apr 2007, 09:42
I was shocked watching the programme, not least because the children of the group were obviously as much "victims" of it as the poor bereaved families that they were picketing. Also, I'm amazed that someone somewhere in the area that this group live hasn't reported them to Child Services when they are taking children out on the streets in full knowledge that they will be at risk of attack and injury - shown vividly by the poor little boy being hit by the drinks carton. Surely this is at best neglect, and at worse, a deliberate intent to put a child in danger.

My own view would be that any demonstration, whether political or religious, should only be attended by adults. My reasoning? Simple. You have to be 18 (in the UK at least) to vote, therefore I think you should be 18 or older to attend a political demonstration. (I'm ducking now folks, since I reckon a few will disagree with me on that one) :ooh:

As far as religion is concerned my view would be that until a child has reached "adult status" (I know that age varies in different countries), then you should have to be that age or older in order to demonstrate. It would save children being used (or is that really abused?) in order to create additional numbers/shock value or whatever when these demonstrations are held.

OFBSLF
3rd Apr 2007, 17:18
The Freedom of Speech allows motorcycle clubs to attend these military funerals and separate the nuts from the bereaved families and the right for the members of the motorcycle club to rev up the engines on their Harleys to drown out the Kansas nuts.http://www.patriotguard.org/

The Patriot Guard Riders have been doing quite a lot to shield the families from these nut jobs.