PDA

View Full Version : Jakarta Airport joins the anti-liquids brigade

Rush2112
2nd Apr 2007, 01:54
Flew out of CGK yesterday amid scenes of mayhem as they introduced the liquids thing as from 1/4, without telling anyone in advance.

My flight (SQ957) was almost an hour late in pushing back due to the extra screening, although I suspect that the latter boarding pax did not get the full screening just to clear them - I spent about 40 mins queuing and I could see the line was still at least as long as when I had joined it, so they did pretty well to get everyone remaining through in time(!).

I wish I had a franchise for manufacturing those 1 litre ziplock bags!

Bangkokeasy
2nd Apr 2007, 03:35
Singapore announced the same for Chiangi, but effective next month. Looks like CGK may have jumped the gun. Will have to see how the other airports in the region react. It is a shame, because up to now, airports in this region have avoided the pain in the rear that airport security has become in some other locations, preferring to impose their own, practical measures, which have so far proved very effective.

Rush2112
2nd Apr 2007, 04:29
Wasn't sure whether this was News or SLF, thanks Admins.

They are all going the same way BE, HKG last month, Taipei as well. Flying has become way less fun.

PVGSLF
3rd Apr 2007, 04:18
Same from Seoul (Incheon) yesterday. Again without any advanced warnings (in english anyway). My Mrs flew out and had to part company with all sorts of skin care products... Fortunately they let her back out of security to check-in her carry on. Otherwise it would have been costly.