PDA

View Full Version : # of pilots at Cathay

reazasassain
1st Apr 2007, 00:51
Was asked this in my interview and could not find the answer, tried searching the Cx website and even here on prune. This is my first post, I think my interview went well i found the tech exam pretty ez and really hope to get the opprotunity to go to Hong Kong for the second interview. Also if anyone has some advice on what sort of planning they would do for the second interview or if it is much like the first as far as the personal interview. And would it be wise to maybe rent some sim time in a 747 before attending the second interview to get a bit of feel for the a/c. Thanks to all.

reazasassain
1st Apr 2007, 00:56
nevermind just found it here so it looks like arond 1762 total

act700
1st Apr 2007, 01:54
more like 2100

EngineOut
1st Apr 2007, 02:19
January Discovery magazine states 2098 flight crew.

sizematters
1st Apr 2007, 02:46
plus about 250 new happy campers joining this year.......................still, they won't be happy campers by the time we've finished with them, now will they ??

Chilli Tarts
1st Apr 2007, 04:47
Im planning on being happy!

wannagetout
1st Apr 2007, 05:53
You can plan all you like! What you are about to find out is that most decisions will be out of your hands. Good luck, you'll need it. I don't understand why people are still joining this shambles! Just re-read some of the posts here. I think you are rather foolish really.:ugh:

act700
1st Apr 2007, 06:06
Yeah, that's what I'll do-base all my future decisions on pprune!

This place is so great, I was thinking about putting some of you into my will.

Unless you plan on paying for my lifestyle, STFU!

sizematters
1st Apr 2007, 12:11
Wow, chaps, all getting a bit personal and angry ain't it??

Now, Lets try and calm down and just accept Cathay is a bit like veggiemite as they call it in Oz or I believe Marmite in the UK.......................

you either love it.................................or you hate it !!!!

the main thing you have to remember is we may all be working for a bunch of B@#tards, but give 'em credit, they are profitable B@#tards !!!..................

Just think on that the next time a wave hits the industry and the furloughs are being handed out.......................

(act700....very foolish to base decisions on what this lot say, write your choices on cards place them round the room, then sacrafice a chicken by biting off it's head whilst repeating the "wisdom O lordy, lordy mantra" then choose the choice that the chickens body falls next to after it stops it's headless run around.....................guarenteed winner )

act700
1st Apr 2007, 23:16
wannagetout:
(keep in mind I don't work for cx while you read the following)

you, just like 90% of pilots worldwide, irregardless of size aircraft you fly, or what "great" airline in the world you fly for, are in it for the wrong reasons!

At my present company we have a ton of whiners, too, and if I didn't ignore most of it, I'd be in an institution by now.

Fact is, there is no company, airline or other, that is great, CX included. You, or I, or we, have two choices: work for the b@stards (as sizematters call them), or don't.
Truth is, there is no money in aviation in seats 0a and 0b! The money in aviation is everywhere but at the pointy end, or worse, in the back of the tube. I learned that when I was away from flying for six months. And you know, that was the easiest money I ever made in aviation.

Unfortunately, I've got a disease, far worse than aids, or coke, or cancer. My disease is uncurable: I love to fly.

I gave up all that easy money, and there was a lot of it (legit, mind you), to get whipped around and used and abused, just so I can fly again.

Now, I can either be like you and your kind and pi$$ and moan day in day out, or I can try to make the best of a ......... (insert what you like) situation.
I choose the latter. And from where I stand, CX is by far the best. And if that turns out to be wrong, you know what, wannagetout, I can always, ..., well, get out!!!

So, just like an aids patient, I have learned to make the best of it, and live with my disease.

Back to our two choices: one can either work for the b@stards, or be one of them. I'm just not ready to be one of them yet.

BigLebowsky
2nd Apr 2007, 00:15
Sent an application a few weeks ago, does anyone have any clue about how long it takes to get an interview? (I apprechiate that it varies, but give or take, are we looking at a few months, or closer to a year?) btw, got about 4000h...
Reason I'm asking is I need to leave my current job ASAP, so if there's a long wait I might have to spread my search...
CX is my primary choice, but I've also looked at Dragonair, can someone fill me in on some of the differences/preferences?

pontius's pa
2nd Apr 2007, 06:01
"Despite being full of vitriloic bile, hatred & bitterness he/she she hasn't pulled the pin!
Fella, why do you stay when you loathe every minute so much?
Why haven't you walked already?"

Wannegetout is clearly a management plant to aid recruitmernt.

Potential recruits who read the blatherings of this ludicrous tw*t will note that that the last thing that he/she appears to have in motion is a plan to actually leave CX.

Also, his ravings result in other CX employees, who might otherwise have stayed quiet, defending the company.

Therefore, it cannot be a such a bad place after all.

Millstream
2nd Apr 2007, 08:34
Here are some fairly accurate numbers:

2135 Flight Deck Total, of which:

750 Captains
1010 F/Os
310 S/Os
60 Flight Engineers

Hope this helps.

Milly

BigLebowsky
2nd Apr 2007, 12:18
Ok, see ya! Don't come back!
Seriously guys, I (and most pilots I assume) get enough bicker and moan at work, so lets leave it at that. I'm miserable enough without having to read how EVERY company is sh!te, it doesn't really grow much hope for my 35 years of flying that I have ahead of me!

To go back to the question I asked before, are they calling F/Os for interviews at the mo, or are they all topped up on fresh blood?
n
Anyone with a good insight to the differences between Cathay n Dragonair?

act700
2nd Apr 2007, 14:25
watch out for the boogieman, pontius's pa!

Jimminie, you people are paranoid, relax. Life is too short.

How gives a $hit if THEY are spying on you. You've got nothing to hide, now, do you?