PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical

harsh
31st Mar 2007, 11:33
Dear friends,
I had undergone class 1 medical for my renewal of commercial licence last week. I am flying for a commercial airline.
on my recent medical the doctor says i have +0.5 glasses for my eyes.
this is the 1st time i am told to wear classes whenever i exrcise the privilages of my licence.
i want to know what are the ways to get rid of glasses?
thanks

Katherine Alexandra
31st Mar 2007, 19:29
Hi,

I would have thought that, seeing as your prescription is well within limits, laser eye surgery would be acceptable and would certainly rid you of the need to wear glasses.

KA

TooFast
31st Mar 2007, 20:00
Be careful .

Some eye problems can be solved with surgery. Others canīt.

Some medical authorities accept surgery. Others donīt.

There are risks involved with surgery.

Just ask the right people. And be careful. Again.

Cheers,

thekite
6th Apr 2007, 14:26
This is an Australian story, so check also the D&G forum under Class1 Medical.
I lost the above medical, then after years of daily medication managed to pass the INITIAL ISSUE medical with flying colours.

My beef is that CASA have reinstated my Class 1, in such a way that it is useless to me.

Having rounded up the cows, roamed the deserts with geologists, and flown reluctant riggies to the Shetland oil installations, all I want to do is instruct.

CASA have annotated my medical "with or as copilot", and inform me that the student is my copilot IF HE IS ENDORSED ON TYPE.

Problem there is that by the time a student has a type endorsement, he knows enough to circle the globe! So why would he need me?

TK

whitelabel
7th Apr 2007, 21:26
just wear your glasses. Don't do surgeon. I do not know what JAR-FLR 3 says but just do it. Surgeon is a risk an my advice is not to take that risk. You have a class one so no problem! what is wrong with glasses?

ICING AOA
7th Apr 2007, 22:36
you will look more clever , just like an intellectual :8

..and passengers will feel safe :ok: