PDA

View Full Version : New Airwolf movie

starflex3
29th Mar 2007, 00:19
Has anybody got any gossip on the new Airwolf movie maybe being made. Anybody involved in the talks and preliminary planning?

rotorrookie
29th Mar 2007, 00:41
Funny! I was watching two episode of Airwolf today, and was thinking why dont they make a new movie on Airwolf.
Though I laughed my head off watching it all the mistakes that where in it,
it just do dam corny and lame:yuk: oldschool stuff. Man Airwolf used to be so cool back in the days, give us a new(updated) one pleaseeeee

starflex3
29th Mar 2007, 01:26
The rumour is that there are writers writing a new script for Universal Pictures and want to use a modern helicopter as the basis, not the Bell 222.
Which is fine, as long as the dont use computer graphics as a substitute for a real machine for most of the filming. The computer graphics for helicopters that are used so often in movies now, are just not good enough.

Pekka
29th Mar 2007, 05:58
More than twenty years after the advent of Airwolf and the show's original screen mock-up comes a re-creation that is true to the original.

It began when an associate of museum owner Dan Haynes contacted Steven W. Stull, Airwolf fan and craftsman of fine reproduction props. As he wanted to pay tribute to the Airwolf helicopter in some way, Mr. Haynes' associate sought to sell Steven's reproduction helmets and flight suits in the museum gift shop. Since the original Airwolf helicopter and filming mock-up had previously been destroyed by accident and post-show deconstruction, selling replica costumes seemed the best salute. Little did Mr. Haynes and his associate expect just how far Mr. Stull and his friends could and would help him improve upon that vision for a modest salute to the show by coming together to build a new Airwolf.

First, Haynes purchased a decommissioned Bell 222 airframe and components which had previously been scouted for this purpose by airwolf.tv's own Clark Van Hoten and Roy Nelson. The airframe would then be transported by truck to Stull's workshop in Dawsonville, Georgia to become the new Airwolf. Thus, on Thursday April 6, 2006, airframe serial number 47042, previously registered as N414WW, arrived at Mr. Stull's lakeside shop to begin the conversion. With access to original Airwolf plans and components and in collaboration with other subject matter experts, Steven began to create the first true Airwolf replica.

Initially, the Airwolf helicopter will hang from the museum ceiling at eye level with the second floor. It will be on display among other rare pieces, including the Army's prototype Commanche helicopter. After the museum's initial year, Airwolf will be removed to be rennovated internally by Stull, Van Hoten and Srodzinski. It will return as a floor-level display to show off the full beauty of the cockpit.:ok: :ok: :ok:

Pekka
29th Mar 2007, 06:04
It is true!!!:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

was asked by stringfellow1111 if I would post on the forum to keep all the fans updated and such on the upcoming movie.

http://airwolf.tv-series.com/default.asp?ModuleID=2&PageID=12&ArticleID=50489

starflex3
29th Mar 2007, 08:02
It would be great to see a new movie, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

SEL
29th Mar 2007, 09:57
I agree with Starflex, there is way too much computer graphics in films. With something like Airwolf, you need a REAL helicopter doing its thing. Otherwise, with C.G. it's like watching a cartoon!
Hope it happens though, could be good. Will Blue Thunder be next?

Flaxton Flyer
29th Mar 2007, 12:14
Airwolf = B222. Period. Use a modern helicopter? What modern kit is there out there that looks or sounds as sexy, menacing (think it's called "edgy" these days) or...yes I'll say it...cool as a wheels-up 222? Nix.

As for computer graphics, anybody see the Thunderbirds movie? The original series (complete with strings) looked more realistic.

HELOFAN
29th Mar 2007, 14:25
:} They could use the new robbie......but then they may need a few of them.:E

HF

Scotsheli
29th Mar 2007, 19:20
Obviously it's got to be a 222...oh, hang on a minute.
222 with Lycomings - great for ground shots - perhaps a 230 if we actually want to go flying for more than 15 minutes a month...no, hang on, i've changed my mind again - hows about a 430 on the basis of the larger cabin to provide better wheelchair access for Ernest Borgnine? He is 90 now you know!!!

HELOFAN
29th Mar 2007, 21:44
Wheel chair access LOL
:D

hotzenplotz
30th Mar 2007, 00:43
When it’s an AIRWOLF™ then it’s a Bell, what people are thinking about.

What else could it be?

A stolen Comanche prototype? That would probably make a good story but would have cheesy computer animation instead of real helicopter footage.

Or a Kamov:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1552/kamov52alligatorol5.jpg

Personally I think the Bell 430 is the way to go.
Every other helicopter wouldn’t be associated with Airwolf.

When it has to be a non military and non Bell model, than I could think of the EC-155.

No, no … I want it old school!

bell222
30th Mar 2007, 08:39
if it is going to be modern how about a uav

rotorrookie
30th Mar 2007, 10:29
According to other threads here on rotorheads about BELL the new Airwolf should be a Eurocopter:yuk:

NO THANK YOU VERY MUCH.:=
Airwolf can't be a wrongtwistedfrench :eek:

hows about a 430 on the basis of the larger cabin to provide better wheelchair access for Ernest Borgnine?

Maybe Bell was thinking of that when they desite to have a clamshell door on the new 429:}

I think the Comanche is the only thin other than Bell that is fit for the job

UwantME2landWHERE!
30th Mar 2007, 10:47
If it's been a while, check it out.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3711106967512666946

bell222
30th Mar 2007, 12:30
after watching the above it has to be a 222

starflex3
31st Mar 2007, 03:06
Someone out there should know something apart from that tv show web site.
Does Jetcopters inc, at Van Nuys Airport still exist. Maybe they have been called to talk about a new movie?
Anybody know someone at Universal Pictures?

HELOFAN
31st Mar 2007, 03:59
IF its not a crrently existing helicopter, can anyone supply a few pics of some yet to be produced/fantasy helicopters that would look cool ?

HF

Bertie Thruster
31st Mar 2007, 10:07
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Rotorheads/hems_redarrows.jpg

Well, I think it's fantastic!

thecontroller
31st Mar 2007, 13:04
original blue thunder trailer here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3lDhyM21M)

what kind of helicopter did they use?

212man
31st Mar 2007, 13:24
Looks awfully Gazelle-like to me;)

torque dirty to me
31st Mar 2007, 15:53
Blue Thunder was a Gazelle. Unbelievable i realise. I remember still how disappointed I was when i found that out. :sad:

As for the new Airwolf? I vote we get a NH 90 or a Merlin HM MK1 and give it to "Pimp my Ride" for a few days and see what they come up with!:ok:

Scotsheli
31st Mar 2007, 18:07
Look – let’s forget about the new Airwolf being any sort of Eurocoper – imagine the conversation (in your best French accents please)….
CIA: “Hello, Eurocopter, Airwolf is AOG and we only have one hour to save the world”
ECF: “An hour! But I am avin ma lurnch”
CIA: “You don’t seem to understand sir…we are all going to die if we do not get some Rivets immediately – the aircraft is on the ground and Dr. Domination is closing in to destroy it”
ECF: “Ze computer…says non”
CIA: “Sir, we must have the rivets – if we are not flying again immediately the world will be destroyed”
ECF: “Look Mr. Freedom Fries, we will av to rob zee production line, but it is Wednesday, which is nearly Friday, and so everyone az gone ome at half past ten”
CIA: “Let me put this another way sir, if we do not get the rivets then France will be destroyed as well, brie, wine, garlic, Jean Michelle Jarre and all”
ECF: “Oh my God - why did you not say sooner…we will ship ze rivets immediately…”
CIA: “Actually…hold that order for an hour would you...”

MightyGem
1st Apr 2007, 07:38
Man Airwolf used to be so cool back in the days

Err...no it wasn't.

starflex3
2nd Apr 2007, 01:13
Come on, when you were a kid and dreaming of flying Helicopters it was cool.
More people wanted to fly helicopters and fly in them after seeing movies like Blue Thunder, Airwolf and Deadly Encounter.
Its all totally unrealistic but, what movie isnt.

Maybe some of the more talented members of the helicopter community should get together and write a script for a movie based around helicopters and make it realistic (Rescue, SAR/Police for example) good plot, good actors etc. It would promote the industry.

Just a thought, it has been a long time since a decent helicopter movie has been made.

HELOFAN
2nd Apr 2007, 13:39
Blue thunder was way more exciting than Airwolf though I did like it too.

My Dad helped do some of the early design stuff on the BlueThunder helicopter & didnt let me watch much of airwolf ... I dont know why but I think it was some of the flying ( dad was a stickler for safety ) & I think the whole Mach 1 Idea just pissed him off a little too much. LOL

BLue thunder didnt have much that is unrealistic..... cept for whisper mode LOL.

I would rather see something like blue thunder than airwolf remade anytime.

A movie not just for the public but for rotorheads to be able to watch & not dry heave for 90% of the film because its just too far fetched.

HF

MightyGem
2nd Apr 2007, 19:00
Just a thought, it has been a long time since a decent helicopter movie has been made.
Well, there was "Wings of the Apache".

On second thoughts, maybe not. :yuk: