PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Food Mystery!

pulse1
28th Mar 2007, 19:32
Can anyone explain to me a mystery over Thompson's policy for in flight meals?

Last October I booked a two week Thompson holiday in Cyprus from which I have recently returned. When I booked the flight I paid extra for Adult flight meals.

Shortly after this we were advised that our oubound flight would now be with First Choice who include meals in the cost of the flight. We were therefore credited with the cost of the meals for the outbound flight.

Our Thompson return flight to Gatwick was slightly delayed and, after departure, we were advised that someone had forgotten to load the food at Gatwick. Humble apologies were made by the Captain and we were given a complimentary drink and a sandwich. This, we were told, was the only food available at short notice in Paphos. Included in the apology was a promise that the cost of the meal would be refunded.

Today, Mrs p rang Thompson to chase this refund and was curtly told that Thompson had not supplied in flight meals since last October and that we had not been charged anyway.

So, the question is, why did the Captain apologise to us for leaving the food behind in Gatwick if there was no food anyway? Why did they scour Paphos for sandwiches when it was company policy not to provide meals?

It sounds to me like Thompson flight crews are not aware of their company policy.

I'm not really bothered about the trivial cost involved but, as I do not like being deceived, I would like to rattle a few cages. Can anyone enlighten me with an explanation?

mmeteesside
28th Mar 2007, 19:46
A quick check of their website shows inflight meals are still available on booking!

warwicks
28th Mar 2007, 19:57
If you have your tickets that clearly state that you have paid for in flight meals then you are entitled to a refund.
In your ticket book you will find the information that you need on page 5.

I hope this helps- Thomson do not automatically issue people with inflight meals which may be where the confusion has come from.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. :)

bycrewlgw
29th Mar 2007, 17:40
TOM do offer meals as a prebookable option. I don't know why you were told that TOM stopped offering meals in Oct. Strange! They haven't offered 'included' meals since about 2003! Insist to them that they give you your money back! Ask for interest too!!:ok: