PDA

View Full Version : The Chaser

Ultralights
28th Mar 2007, 11:39
Just seen the first episode of this seasons chasers war on everything, hope everyone can hear their parody of the Qantas adverts involving the choir....

simply brilliant, and sadly hits the nail on the head!

" we've' been offshoring and closing the place down! etc etc :}

Drop and Stop
28th Mar 2007, 12:48
"I still call Australia .... I still call Australia
I still call Australia 51%Home!"

speedbirdhouse
28th Mar 2007, 13:24
Hopefully it'll turn up on youtube soon so that the link can be posted here.

It demonstrates the disgusting hypocrisy that surrounds the myth of, "the flying Kangaroo".

blueloo
28th Mar 2007, 13:33
It appears to have been censored from the ABC / Chasers "Vodcast".

Hopefully they will post it later.

lowerlobe
28th Mar 2007, 21:11
I bet that if Darth or one of his side kicks saw it they would have been on the phone within seconds.On that basis alone it was brilliant and I hope it finds it's way onto you tube .

The bit about borrowing a car from ME was very clever as well !!!

2p!ssed2drive
28th Mar 2007, 21:51
i'd agree, what a p!ssfunny episode. our lounge room blew up in laughter at the "51% home" bit.... priceless... :ok:

if i remember correctly, doesn't jetstar get a mention in that song?

apacau
29th Mar 2007, 01:30
Absoluet classic - but QF legal must have jumped on it, given it's the one bit of the show axed from the online version. Hopefully someone uploads to You Tube...

blueloo
29th Mar 2007, 02:00
dont suppose someone recorded it on one of those Hard disc recorders and can burn to DVD?
'

speedbirdhouse
29th Mar 2007, 06:47
ABC radio played it again this afternoon on James Valentine's show.

It'll be repeated after lateline on Friday night.

Hopefully someone has a 12 year old at home that can record it and post it on YOUTUBE for all to see.........

Chronic Snoozer
29th Mar 2007, 09:13
Given that its an opinion piece, what would have QF legal have had against it?

Was it slanderous? a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report:

Spot on and funny to boot I would have thought.

Zed
29th Mar 2007, 09:48
http://www.dailymotion.com/danilic/video/x1kl1r_chasers-war-on-qantas/1

Howard Hughes
29th Mar 2007, 10:05
That is far ken funny....:ok:

Angle of Attack
29th Mar 2007, 10:07
Haha gold thank a lot for posting it Ive been away for 2 weeks and I love the Chaser and this is quite frankly 51% gold! haha!

SOPS
29th Mar 2007, 10:36
51% home..that is an all time classic !!!!!!!:ok:

Ozgrade3
29th Mar 2007, 10:43
Simply brilliant.

Does anyone know how to copy a video clip fro youtube to your hard drive??

Angle of Attack
29th Mar 2007, 10:49
Does anyone know a hacker that can put onto the home page of the QF intranet I will pay for this gold!!! haha! I'm already working on it, I know how to post but not how to hack. P.M. if you want to hack QF intranet. :} :}

Zed
29th Mar 2007, 10:57
Ozgrade3

http://204.3.201.164/QF/QantasAd.avi

Right click

save target as

BHMvictim
29th Mar 2007, 11:15
I think I have just blown a funny fuse!

J430
29th Mar 2007, 11:51
with credit to Larry The Cable Guy..............

I dont care who you are....thats funny right there, thats funny!!:} :} :}

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

J:ok:

blow.n.gasket
29th Mar 2007, 11:52
Almost as funny as the Hacker who put the guy pissing all over the JetStar website!

NAS1801
29th Mar 2007, 14:32
Geeez I like that video. I really hope Qantas does go out and try to take some action against the chaser but fail. It will just make Dickson and the rest look even worse.

YesTAM
29th Mar 2007, 22:51
I love that song ....The Asian Kangaroo:ok:

Animalclub
30th Mar 2007, 02:01
From what I heard the words are too good to miss... due to age (bugga:* ) I didn't hear all of them. Anyone good at shorthand and can post the words here?

Flyingblind
30th Mar 2007, 06:03
'The Chaser' Very Very funny guys, with that kind of comedy on Aunty the commercial dupes dont have a chance of geting me to watch their imported drivel.

Best 8 Cents i ever spent :D

NAS1801
30th Mar 2007, 06:07
I've been to cities that never close down. From New York to Rio and old London Town. But no matter how far our offshore jobs go. The share price is sure to grow. Goodbye Australia, we're moving abroad. Replacing Neil Perry with a chef from Lahore. And the inflight entertainment will be in Mandarin. More kung foo and less Kath n Kim. All the Qantas workers fearful for their jobs. Please head to the Centrelink lines. 'cause after the takeover you're over. Now only foreign girls can shag Ray Feines. And someday this choir will be outsourced too. And Qantas will be called the Asian Kangaroo. And I'll thank the cheap labor when our profits have grown. I still call Australia I still call Australia I still call Australia..... 51 percent home. That.... is absolutely brilliant stuff!!!!!!!!!! Maybe the unions can use this?

pilotdude09
30th Mar 2007, 06:15
This song is so true....shame they didnt sing about the mismanagement of the airline.

Edit: Lyrics are allready posted :)

Dick N. Cider
30th Mar 2007, 10:21
Entire episode replayed on ABC2 at 8:30pm EST and 11:35pm (?) on ABC tonight

Clever stuff.

DNC:D

Animalclub
31st Mar 2007, 00:32
NAS1801

Many thanks. I see I misheard words too as well as didn't hear!!!! Don't grow old!!!

2p!ssed2drive
4th Apr 2007, 22:44
hey guys, i missed last nights episode, any idea if there's gonna be a repeat???

cheers

Willie Nelson
4th Apr 2007, 23:06
That is hilarious :ok:

Forward the youtube link to your contacts as this is a great way to highlight the other side of the argument. The "sell off"/"sell out" does not need to happen despite what Peter Harbison may think.

NAS1801
5th Apr 2007, 00:33
The complete episodes, (almost) can be downloaded from the ABC website.... Last weeks episode... (WMV format and MP4) http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/vodcast/chaser_2007_ep02.wmv http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/vodcast/chaser_2007_ep02.mp4 Check this page for links. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/vodcast/ Unfortunately and strangely last weeks episode, (first of the season) is missing the Qantas advert! Could the Qantas heavies have had it pulled?

2p!ssed2drive
5th Apr 2007, 00:36
cheers mate :ok: downloading now

tinpis
5th Apr 2007, 01:11
Moronic under graduate attempt at comedy.

lowerlobe
5th Apr 2007, 01:22
Not all that is on chaser is funny however their version of the Qantas ad was a ripper .

Not only that but it's timing with only 14 days to go for the takeover bid was excellent .

NAS1801
5th Apr 2007, 07:56
Moronic??? Attempt at comedy? oh. poor tinpis. Does The Chaser offend you??? Mission accomplished if it does. You are the very people that they target. Good to have you round for the entertainment of the rest of us!

ForkTailedDrKiller
5th Apr 2007, 08:23
"Moronic under graduate attempt at comedy"

and a very successful one at that, IMHO!

Dr:cool:

podbreak
5th Apr 2007, 08:50
Ah tinny, gotta disagree with you on that! Under-graduate humour would be fart jokes. This is cutting edge satire, for the younger generation! May be considered under graduate humour to the old gits who aren't used to this crude style!

stubby jumbo
5th Apr 2007, 10:37
Good to see Dicko is still in the Capital doing what he does best ie
"selling ice to Eskimo's"

In this case renegotiating the Defence contract for almost a lazy billion.

kkkkkk...-------chiiing!!!!

No wonder APA want to get their hands on this action.

"Money for Jam"

However, .....timing not great. How does one put a negative spin on this ???????

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????:rolleyes:

Animalclub
5th Apr 2007, 12:11
No one else was given the chance to tender!!! (According to the ABC)

Angle of Attack
5th Apr 2007, 13:04
Moronic under graduate attempt at comedy

LOL!! This is so good because part of the comedy is that people like you will respond! bwah lol! Its even funnier than if you said its funny! Mate if you want Moronic Comedy go to channel 10 with idiot Rove or the other comedy sketch show on 7 or 9 I cant remember, all the same, So good so far!

I cant respond except that this is gold pure gold! The rodents are drawn out! And by the way don't eat my cheese because I reserved it for virgin....

One more laugh because it really is funny! haha!

NAS1801
5th Apr 2007, 14:57
He probably thinks Rove IS funny.... Watch the latest episode..... Wilson Tuckeys reaction to the bloke dressed up as Brian Bourke..... THATS the sort of people who don't find the chaser funny. Over-paid, under-worked parasites!

Danny Crane
6th Apr 2007, 04:21
I Love the chaser, and I particularly loved this one

BUT

Neil Perry & Kath and Kim - can't stand either.

You could replace each of these with almost anything else and it would be an improvement.

Towering Q
6th Apr 2007, 05:50
I thought the West Coast Eagles players handled that 'situation' at the airport very well. Some of the team must have been tempted to rip that eagles head off.

Agree with others about the commercial networks version of comedy.:yuk:

pilotdude09
6th Apr 2007, 06:19
The latest episode is a cracker as well "The West Coke Eagles"

:p

priapism
6th Apr 2007, 22:48
And what about the blind taxi driver?? _ can you believe some people fell for it??

It was the first episode of chaser I have watched and it was very funny.
It tickled my sense of humour.

Tropicalchief
7th Apr 2007, 07:42
The Chasers Send-up..more sad than funny. If QF flew to anywhere near the destinations suggested in the real ad it might have a future, but it doesn't. The Airline has been systematically destroyed since the advent of James Strong. Neil Perry won't be missed, he was a disaster to start with. Cheap, nasty, common food. Beef, chicken, fish or pasta, in First class. The stuff he has produced is inferior to what QF used to serve in Economy before the bow-tied one. QF is now just another airline, heading down the same path as all the failed American airlines. The problem is not with it's employees, it is with management. They simply do not care what is happening.

Sorry, just another rant.

tinpis
7th Apr 2007, 23:04
HaH ! Gotcha !

I've never watched it

Yusef Danet
8th Apr 2007, 02:56
Sorry to put a dent in a good conspiracy theory but...

I think you'll find the Qantas clip wasn't available on iTunes for reasons far less scandalous than a QF management sense of humour failure. It contains copyright material which the ABC may use for satirical purposes but not for profit. Also the "Ad roadtests" which include the original ads. The ABC legal department spends more time scutinising the Chaser than any single other programme.

Ultralights
8th Apr 2007, 04:56
HaH ! Gotcha !

I've never watched it

Really??? :hmm:

:}

lowerlobe
8th Apr 2007, 05:19
tropical chief...I could not agree more especially in regards to our current chef de cuisine.

Serving chicken pie is hardly a feat of culinary triumph.I remember the old days when we used real eggs for breakfast scramble eggs not to mention oysters,caviar etc...for lunch and dinner.

A joke doing the rounds at the moment is the definition of 'noveau cuisine" as "i can't believe I have just paid that much for so little and ordinary food"

mrpaxing
8th Apr 2007, 05:58
that is caviar (teh real thing)in PC on QF. though neil hasen't figured out how many eggs each punter gets.;)