PDA

View Full Version : 744 speed brakes INOP

AustCitizen
28th Mar 2007, 00:45
Could someone please tell me the MEL restrictions for speed brakes INOP on the 744.

Phil Squares
28th Mar 2007, 05:11
If you're talking about auto-spoilers then there is no speed restricitons. If you're talking about the entire spoiler system being inop then you can't be released like that. There is no relief in the MEL.

Bolty McBolt
28th Mar 2007, 05:47
I believe the restiction is nothing less than a 10,000 meter runway :ok:

john_tullamarine
28th Mar 2007, 06:49
Just a minor nitpick point of style ..

(a) MMEL is generic and produced by the OEM/Regulator. As such it is available to all and sundry.

(b) MEL is an operator-specific tailoring of the MMEL and, as such, is not generally available .. and may well vary from operator to operator.

Note that some Regulators are now running with the MEL side of things, eg, CASA in Australia now produces a GMEL which is a generic tailored MMEL to suit Australian requirements. It is much cheaper for the operator to buy use of the GMEL rather than doing the whole bit themselves.

Phil Squares
28th Mar 2007, 08:36
True and my response was based on my operator's MEL, which is always more restrictive than the MMEL.

While the MMEL is generic in nature, most airlines will produce and have approved their own MEL, which again is tailored to their operations and is always more restrictive than the MMEL.

747dieseldude
30th Mar 2007, 13:32
I believe it adds a few hundred feet to the landing distance required, and accelerate stop distance required