PDA

View Full Version : Airline Schemes - Who, Where, When

mustflywillfly
27th Mar 2007, 09:42
Fellow Ppruners,

In this age of Airlines "tagging" or "sponsoring" students through integrated courses I thought it would be very useful to have a rough idea of the schemes offered.

Based on your knowledge and past scheme occurences could we begin by populating a list thus:

1. Which Airline

2. At What FTO

3. When do the applications usually begin (roughly what month)

For example:

1. Flybe

2. FTE

3. February

Also has anyone contacted an airline direct offering them the chance to take you on after an integrated course? Ballsy move but could it / has it ever worked???

Many thanks MFWF:ok:

MonarchA330
27th Mar 2007, 15:46
1. easyJet, Thomas Cook, First Choice, Monarch, thomsonfly, British Airways, Jet2

2. CTC - Wings Cadet and Wings ATP schemes

3. Continuous

hollingworthp
27th Mar 2007, 15:58
1. NetJets Europe

2. OAT

3. Rolling target of 48 annually starting Feb 2007 (only 32 in 2007)

Eddy
27th Jun 2007, 16:01
The Netjets details seem to have vanished from the OAT site in favour of the Thomas Cook details. Can anyone still locate the details of the former?

Cheers

hollingworthp
27th Jun 2007, 16:16
http://www.oxfordaviation.net/netjets/nj_main.htm

Although the scheme is currently running for it's second time and is now at Stage 2 so it may be some months before it re-opens.

HTH

ppl_student
27th Jun 2007, 16:22
1. Thomsonfly, Flybe, GB Airways, Cityflyer, MEA, Loganair (maybe)

2. FTE

3. Appears to be pretty random. Sometimes they recruit one course at a time, and do several courses spread out, other times they recruit for 2 or 3 courses at the same time. The flybe one will be opening again at the end of July.

Flaperon75
27th Jun 2007, 16:56
1. flybe

2. Cabair

3. Not sure when, but keep an eye on this link:
http://www.cabair.com/sponsorship/index.htm

portsharbourflyer
29th Jun 2007, 16:00
Sorry and apologises to hi-jack the thread; but with the recent instructor shortage I find that the majority of the airlines running these approved schemes won't consider interviewing the likes of myself from a modular background for an FO position, but would prefer to take a low hour integrated cadet.
However the schools involved in these schemes are happy to interview
me for an instructors position to teach the ab-initio's on these schemes.
I am not complaining, I just find this is to an extent ironic that an airline won't give me consideration yet I could well end up instructing the same airlines cadets.

hollingworthp
29th Jun 2007, 16:01
I can see how that would be extremely annoying :bored: