PDA

View Full Version : Air Baltic

flyingbarbera
26th Mar 2007, 22:15
Hello All!
I have recently made it through to the final interview stage :)
Just wondered if there's any Baltic pilots out there? If so, any information about working for Baltic and living in Riga would be greatly appreciated :confused:
Many thanks.

flying eagle
27th Mar 2007, 07:12
Hi Flyingbarbera!

I have not had the the last test my self but I believe it is with a psykologist. 3-4 hours where you just have to be yourself ;)

We are a lot of foreign Fos over here both on 737 and F50. I will say 30-40 totally.
So we do things together when we are not working. There are new Fos starting all the time due to expantion and people leaving (my self incl).
It is a really nice "first airline job" but there are also things which are very eastern europe stile. You will see yourself
Riga is also nice......... if you are not looking at all the young drunk Uk guys coming in with ryan air every weekend (sorry ;) )

Check the Nordic forum!

regards

Mikkel

Just another student
27th Mar 2007, 12:23
flyingbarbera, I am through to the final stage aswell. Basically it is a 5 hr psyc test answering 400 or so questions. Sounds great fun ;)

Are you going to be on the 737?

Just to point out that there is also a base in Vilnius, I was informed that bases would not be allocated until about 5 days before start. Vilnius is quite a small base, crew I have heard are generally friendly and there are new routes opening from there this spring.

There is quite a long thread in the Nordic forum, I would provide a link but my PC skills do not stretch that far.

kuchemann carrots
27th Mar 2007, 13:14
Just out of interest are you guys typed on the 737?
Good luck with the interviews!

Just another student
27th Mar 2007, 13:22
I only speak for myself, but yes I'm 737 rated.
I am 99.9% sure that Air baltic are only taking 737 rated pilots for the Boeing FO positions. I do not have any information regarding F50 recruitment.

Thanks for the good luck :ok:

flyingbarbera
27th Mar 2007, 18:12
Nice to know im not alone from the uk, going for the 73.
I had just assumed that Riga would be the base , but it doesn't matter just need to get airbourne! Have been looking for work since Oct 2004 :eek:
Keep in touch and hope to meet up for a beer ;)

Just another student
27th Mar 2007, 18:21
Glad to hear that I may have another UK pilot joining me in my Baltic exile :}

From the sounds of it, a vast majority of the FO's at BT are Scandinavian and I have not heard any people from the UK being mentioned, so we may well be the UK contingent :)

I have been looking since Sept 05, finally went for an SSTR last Xmas and this position has come straight from that.

The crew I have met have all been great, seems there may be a good social scene within the company.

flying eagle
28th Mar 2007, 08:21
We are making sure that the Danes always will have the majority :}

OscarYankee
1st Apr 2007, 15:32
I second that! :D :}

Sindree
1st Apr 2007, 21:06
Not sure if you found this already, but here is the link anyways..

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261392