PDA

View Full Version : RAFO to replace BAC111's with A320's

Fox3snapshot
26th Mar 2007, 11:28
The end of a very distinguished era is about to take place with the retirement of the RAFO BAC111's to be replaced by two A320 Prestige aircraft from the Airbus Corporate Jetliner range.

The BAC111's were delivered new in 1974/5 and have served a magnificent career.

The new A320's will normally be configured for passenger operations a kit provided will allow configuration changes at short notice that will allow utility and VIP layouts.

The crackle of the RR Spey's to be no more..... ;)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Fox3snapshot/RAFOA320.jpg

billynospares
26th Mar 2007, 11:32
There are still 3 1-11s operated out of boscombe down so the speys smoke on still

Jackonicko
26th Mar 2007, 12:02
One of the Boscombe One Elevens popped into my local airfield last year, and I watched it depart. It looked extremely sprightly, but made me realise just how much quieter today's jets are.

Fox3snapshot
26th Mar 2007, 12:58
Not wrong there mate! When the ol beasty gets airborne at Seeb on a cold winters morning it sounds like a squadron of Jags departing! :eek:

GLOC
27th Mar 2007, 07:12
Was holding as one of the RAFO BAC111's rolled at Muscat off 08.....good thing I don't wear dentures!!! :}

merlinxx
27th Mar 2007, 08:09
Fox3. Don't know how long you've had these under your belt, but many moons ago when we did the CFPs for RAFO, getting a realistic plan out was murder. All perf data avail was based as ISA +/- 10, out of/into OOMS had to be forced, met the crews a few times in EGHH & once at EGKK & we worked out a good compromise, even got the guys at ETPS & Bedford involved. Sad to hear they're going, had to come, but still sad. Remember watching the Skyvans getting airborne from JED, they'd hang in my office window for what seemed like all morning en-route across the Red Sea. Fun times. Ma Salama Y'all in the 'original Sandbox'.

oldbeefer
27th Mar 2007, 08:13
'Sad to hear they're going, had to come, but still sad'.

Not sad if you have to fly as pax from Bournmouth to Seeb! 5 refuels was the record for my trips to Oman, I seem to remember.