PDA

View Full Version : Freeview or what?

modtinbasher
26th Mar 2007, 10:15
So, I decided after many years to give Sky TV the boot! As normal analogue reception is not good out in the boonies, and that's why I went for Sky in the first place, I was in a bit of a quandry what to do. Freeview seemed the answer, so I did a bit of research and decided I'd treat the boss to one of these snazzy things with a hard disc that has a Freeview tuner, well, 2 tuners actually. (The reason she liked the idea is that it's got a freeze telly mode so that when she drops off 15 minutes before the end of a film, she can pickup on what she's missed).

Well, I thought, what's £180? .....but when we went to pick the kit up, no stock, got to order in. Oh, I thought, she'll be moaning now!

By this time, Sky had turned off my account, but, you'd never believe it, I'm still getting most of what I'd get from Freeview through the existing Sky dish and digibox.

The bottom line is that I don't now need the Freeview, so I've saved £180 on the fancy box, AND I don't need to pay somebody £140 for a Freeview aerial to boot!!!

What is bugging me is that I don't know why I'm still able to get the TV through the dish and digibox, it's driving me mad!! And more to the point, will it last, or will I wake up one day and find I'm telly less?

VH-MTT
26th Mar 2007, 11:09
There a quite a few channels you can get through sky without taking out a subscription. These should last as long as they are free to air. you'll find most of them are selling channels, like qvc and the like. This should not change anytime soon.

Enjoy your free tv, you have already paid for the bbc channels, and enjoy the money you have saved.

M.

modtinbasher
26th Mar 2007, 18:30
Thanks M for your help, I thought I might still get a bill or something!