PDA

View Full Version : Flying with a Temporary filling?

cabin_crew
26th Mar 2007, 09:58
:( Hi,

I posted this thread on another CC site, but didnt get a set answer.

I was wondering if anyone has flown with a temporary filling, half way through a root canal treatment and if so

Did you have any pain?

when was the pain worse?

Did it stop when landing?

Did painkillers help?

Im asking this as I fly away in 2days to Malaga, not as crew, and cannot get in a dentist anywhere!.

I know permanent fillings can cause pain if recent, but have no idea about Temporary ones.

Any help would be appreciated! :} :sad:

Tea or coffee sir
26th Mar 2007, 10:19
I've flown the day after having a tooth out and a dental implant put in, and had no pain at all. I've also flown the day after fillings, permanent and temporary, after root canals and didn't have a problem. I know airlines have various rules about not flying within so many days of treatment, but for me it was either fly or go sick, and face the consequences! I chose to fly. Of course we are all different, and I'd just be concerned about your insurance cover if you are going on holiday, and you develop pain after your dental treatment, whilst away. As I say, I had no pain, but best check if you are covered with your insurance should anything go wrong.

cabin_crew
26th Mar 2007, 11:23
thanks for the advice,

Yes my insurance does cover dental treamtent :)

I rang a local dentist for re-assurance, who too, said I should be fine!

I feel so much better knowing someone else, in the same situation, flew and had no pain :-)

Once again thanks alot!

I'll let you know how things went

atmosphere
26th Mar 2007, 20:13
Hey, I flew for 2 weeks with a temp filling, no problem at all, infact i prefered the temp filling to the real one!

cabin_crew
26th Mar 2007, 22:25
Thank god!

another person that ws OK

People scared me saying it was bad. I frantcally searched the net but couldnt really find anything

:8

mark1million
27th Mar 2007, 17:46
HI its nothing to worry about, you may have some slight nagging due to the pressure difference, does not last and is very very unusual. Paracetamol will work and yes when you land all will return to normal. No need to worry you'll be fine.

All the best
Mark.