PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Fare Structure

A2QFI
26th Mar 2007, 08:16
I know it is a minefield but please will some one try to explain? I frequently use Ryanair but find that fares, even on the same route, vary widely from day to day and that the difference is not just whether the actual flight is 01p or £4.99 but variations in the "Taxes and Charges".
Flying out of UK there is always Grasping Gordon's share but then there is a Passenger Service Charge (PSC), which is also listed as non-refundable. Sometimes this doesn't appear at all and sometimes it is £10, £20 or even £25. What is this all about, just a hidden increase in the fare?
I am also aware of the background to the wheelchair levy; this now appears as (Insurance and Wheel chair Levy) at about £8 but not on all flights and on one return flight I looked at it was charged on the sector back into UK but not on the outbound leg.

DTY/LKS
26th Mar 2007, 20:22
I know what you mean. I've just booked an internal UK flight at 1p each way & with a bag plus taxes, the cost was £40. Now when i look the same flight up for the same days it is 1p each way still plus my bag & it totals £30.
So the taxes have dropped by £5 each way for the same flight.
Any explanations anyone?:ugh: :ugh:

A2QFI
27th Mar 2007, 08:36
My point exactly! The "Charges and Taxes" element changes from day to day and sector to sector. Gordon's take is known and fixed and all other variations are down to the adjustment of the Passeneger Service Charge on an apparently random and unpredicatable basis.

chrism20
27th Mar 2007, 23:49
EDI-DUB is a route that is subject to 'change', and we aren't talking the folowing day. It can be less or more for taxes within hours.

I.E. EDI/DUB £22.33 one way then 5 or 6 hours later it's £16.33

PAXboy
28th Mar 2007, 01:52
A2QFI you have asked the question that will not be answered - by any of the carriers. However, to the question: "What is the Ryanair Fare Structure?" The answer is: Bamboozle them with so many 'offers' and 'specials' that they have no idea what is what - except that it is cheap. Change all the components all the time and tell them to shut up. It really is that simple.

One day, we might have a govt that enforces legislation about fair and open pricing.:rolleyes: Whilst I'm on that hobby horse Go one Giddyup ... when they ensure that surcharges are displayed and do not change and can be broken down to their lowest level - they can also prevent all the garages in the UK selling fuel in a fraction of the curreny that does not (and never has) existed. One litre of fuel at 91.9 pence? So they either have to fiddle the change of the fuel delivered and they are probably fiddling both. :*