25th Mar 2007, 12:05
Any one any more info on the latest happenings at sherburn hields aviation

i heard the owner has had a visit from the caa and they stopped his TRTO /aoc
so hes sacked the chief pilot and examiner for Gross misconduct
any one fill in the holes

Camp Freddie
27th Mar 2007, 21:44
Dear Mr Lartsa,

you seem to have a thing about sherburn, as you previously started a similar thread here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172230

what is your actual agenda here ?

also I have no clue from reading this thread what you are on about, what is supposed to have happened? its like a rumour thread with the actual rumour missing :confused:

regards

CF

lartsa
28th Mar 2007, 06:38
CF
Auctual agenda -- I just asked for information
Rumour ?-- all i was asking was for information
hidden agenda no , do you have one ? You do seem to stick up for them ?

did you get your new job at EMH was your last one at sherburn?

Camp Freddie
28th Mar 2007, 06:45
lartsa,

You do seem to stick up for them ?

show me where I have stuck up for them ?

so hes sacked the chief pilot and examiner for Gross misconduct

all I am asking is for any clue what you are suggesting they are supposed to have done.

disclaimer: I have never been to sherburn or had any connection with anyone there ever, nor ever been employed by EMH

Regards

CF

Whirlygig
28th Mar 2007, 06:47
A_not-so-hidden-agenda? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1856211&postcount=7)

lartsa, you have already admitted that you don't like the company. If your rumour is true, then your posts could be considered as fair comment but, if not, then they sound a little defamatory.

So, why don't you like them?

Cheers

Whirls

...no connection whatsoever with said company; I've never been to those airfields even!

Whirlybird
28th Mar 2007, 08:00
WHAT IS HE ON ABOUT

I agree. I know some of the people involved, and I'd like to know what this is about. I thought this was PPRuNE, not PPRuPe, ie Professional Pilots RUMOUR Network, not Professional Pilots PUZZLE Network. Does anyone know what this is all about....which is all lartsa asked, actually.

nigelh
28th Mar 2007, 11:13
Can somebody wake me up when this gets interesting please ?!! There is **** all point in starting a wonderfuly libelous rumour if you are not prepared to say what it is about :rolleyes:

woka woka
28th Mar 2007, 11:33
I would suggest instead of issuing unsubstantiated rumours about people being sacked that if you want to know what is going on at Sherburn you get in touch with Hields and ask them - you might get a surprise as to what has and is going on.

Helinut
28th Mar 2007, 12:11
I can say wihtout a shadow of doubt that this is one of the least illuminating threads for some while on Rotorheads.

Without some substance, it seems little more than a fishing exercise..........

And I have no connection with the company, individual or airfield.

DBChopper
28th Mar 2007, 15:49
I also have no knowledge of the company, persons involved or the incidents in question. And I have just eaten a cheese sandwich while reading this.

I hope this helps.

BRASSEMUP
28th Mar 2007, 16:13
Did you have pickle with it? I would be more interested in your sandwich then i am in this blah blah blah thread!:zzz:

Bronx
28th Mar 2007, 17:15
lartsa says he's heard "sherburn hields" got it's TRTO /AOC stopped by the CAA and the chief pilot and examiner have been fired and asked if anyone's got any more info.
So far, nobody's said it aint true and nobody's come up with more info.
The guy's said what he heard and asked if anyone else knows anything about it. Beats me why some folks are getting at him for not knowing more. :confused:

Whirlygig
28th Mar 2007, 17:49
If this thread had been started by someone who hadn't previously admitted that they didn't like the company, then maybe more credence would have been afforded.

Cheers

Whirls

lartsa
28th Mar 2007, 23:47
whirlygig
just becase i dont like the company does not not have any thing to do with it
i dont like the labour gov but i ask questions about it
all i did was ask if anyone had any details or for someone to confirm any of it
or dispute it

staff from this company post on pprune regularly a simple yes or no would have done

There was no other motive

however i have since learnt from a few pprune members
that the cheif pilot has left dont know the reason why
the caa have been and suspended some or all permissions to train/aoc
dont know what

chester2005
29th Mar 2007, 00:02
Spoke to a couple of people about this today and they say;

The chief pilot left of his own volition he was not fired, but there was a falling out with the owner over something.
The CAA has pulled the FTO/TRTO but don't know why.
The CAA did pull the AOC because of a lack of a chief pilot but apparently that has been sorted now, with another chief pilot.
The ex chief pilot had another job to go to not instructing, commercial pilot job.
The operation at EGNR apparently is available for a "franchise opportunity" the CFI and the CPL left a while ago and the remaining FI has since left to do an IR. Havn't been for a while so i don't know if its still operational or not.

Chester:ok:

Whirlygig
29th Mar 2007, 06:44
Thank you Chester for writing sense; that makes the situation more clear.

So, there'll be no more unsubstantiated talk of employment tribunals?

Cheers

Whirls

Bravo73
29th Mar 2007, 19:23
FYI jeppsbore, nobody was sacked. lartsa has been wrong about that all along.

And is this other school that you mention Biggin Hill Helicopters? If so, there's a recent thread about it here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267515).

But I think that you might find that the owners of PPRuNe are very sensitive about libel. Hence some of the posts from this thread from this afternoon have been 'pruned'. Unsubstantiated 'rumours' concocted to damage commercial interests are generally heavily frowned upon.

Try asking Heliport via PM. If he's got the time, he might well tell you.

Heliport
29th Mar 2007, 21:40
jeppsbore

You seem determined to keep trying to stir up trouble about Mod decisions. You started when unacceptable posts (including yours) were deleted from the BHH thread before it was closed.
If you look at the link Bravo73 posted, you'll see why it was closed and the conditions on which it would be re-opened.

I don't take kindly to you trying to cast doubt on my integrity. I very rarely close threads in this forum but, when I do, it's for a good reason.
If you don't like the way the forum is moderated, take yourself and your offensive suggestion somewhere more to your liking.

It's very ironic that you should be complaining about Mod decisions in this forum.
A few years ago, we decided to close a thread about an extremely hot topic in the UK rotary world, and kept it closed for 13 months. I've no doubt many people disagreed with our decision but nobody challenged the decision on the forum, nobody encouraged people to "Discuss:hmm:" our decision, and nobody tried to cast doubt on our integrity. Apart from a few complaint PMs, people were prepared to accept our judgement - even if they disagreed with it. I'm sure you'll remember that thread very well. Other people won't know what I mean by the irony, but you should.

Moderators' decisions are not open for discussion on the forum.

Heliport