PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Handling News

Fleet News
22nd Mar 2007, 21:28
AIR CANANDA has decided to outsource their entire self and third party handling operation at Heathrow.
MENZIES is growing their passenger handling at LHR where they have always been a big cargo handler.
UNITED have given up or lost third party handling work and gave their fleet maintenance to an independent garage. There is rumour they may pull out of LHR.
BRITISH AIRWAYS are rumoured to be looking at some handling firms for pax handling.

EC-ILS
22nd Mar 2007, 22:35
Why would UA pull LHR? They have a decent amount of *Alliance feed at LHR, LGW would have much less.

BA outsourcing LHR handling would cripple the airline with strikes and other problems.

aex
23rd Mar 2007, 20:00
Sorry what do you mean by pax handling? Do you mean ramp and passenger? I seriously doubt it, I do see BA pulling out of ramp handling and making a partnership (such as the KISS partnership between Menzies and bmibaby in East Midlands) but keeping passenger handling. Everything is possible though...

KiloMIke
25th Mar 2007, 21:55
Fleet News not sure where you get your info from but you are a little behind the times.
AC have now decided not to go with Aviance after all.
How are Menzies expanding??? They got FI last October but not aware of anyone else.
UA - Your info about contracts is correct. They now only handle NZ.
BA - Handle more airlines? If anything I would have thought they were looking at subcontracting their own handling!
Still this is a rumour mill after all!