PDA

View Full Version : How an AT Fleet should be run!

CommonSenseApproach
21st Mar 2007, 23:28
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8283782903675449944&q=type%3Agpick
Hot stand-bys? Dream on!

Axel-Flo
22nd Mar 2007, 10:44
Great plan but UPS charge for the services they provide and then do it making a profit to reinvest expand etc. As long as we are funded and run by charity from HM Govt we don't have the crews, spares or modern point to poit aircraft contending with one role ...AT. Crisis management (CM) is how the AT and to some degree AAR fleets are being managed and with BOCs the work load (oh and paper trail) of that CM has doubled. We don't and shouldn't charge the user unit for an AT move but just accept the service your getting (with no mark against the operators, maintainers, caterers.........oh and go on i'll include the movers) comes from the charity shop case we are being made into. BUDGET...SMUDGEIT:(

Eckster
22nd Mar 2007, 11:26
Hot spares

All the RAF AT hot spares are otherwise engaged in covering the continuous troop ferry flights back and forth to the far off east. And when you've only got certain airframes that can go to these places it just componds the problem when they fall down due to unservicabilities

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
22nd Mar 2007, 12:03
It's never useful to compare apples with pears.

Arthur's Wizard
22nd Mar 2007, 12:18
Or apples with lemons!:p

Seldomfitforpurpose
22nd Mar 2007, 12:24
Not sure I would describe UPS as lemons, parcels always arrived on time when I have dealt with them :D

Arthur's Wizard
22nd Mar 2007, 12:42
When comparing the British AT Fleet with UPS, it wasn't UPS that I was describing as lemons!

Seldomfitforpurpose
22nd Mar 2007, 17:16
Arthur old chap,

Bearing in mind "who and what" you are I rather guessed you would'nt understand my reply :rolleyes:

Arthur's Wizard
22nd Mar 2007, 17:29
Seldom old chap

'who and what I am'?

You have me at a disadvantage old bean. I didn't realise that you knew me.

Irony/sarcasm? I got yours, but you didn't seem to get mine!

Seldomfitforpurpose
22nd Mar 2007, 18:18
Arfer,

:rolleyes: