PDA

View Full Version : Morale Boosting Pay Measures??

Grimweasel
21st Mar 2007, 22:17
Few weeks ago a survey came round asking how we (The RAF) could improve 'quality of life' etc for serving personnel.....

Must have fell on deaf ears as this week we learn..

1. Married Un-accompanied food charge is being axed. (Married service personnel living in mess away from home charged 3/4 food)

2. All personnel will have to pay for food when on courses etc ( Whereas now if they send you on a course they provide you with food at public expense) So SAC Bloggs, family has 40 quid spare a month. Goes on a 3 week course (not thru his choice) and pays 3.60 odd x 15 (54 quid ish) to eat. Still has to buy food at home for his family but now incurs extra cost. Net result... personnel on low wages will now elect not to go on course thru grounds of not being able to afford to do so!
Sounds like they are trying to soften the blow when the full impact of Athena is un-leashed upon us.

3. And as an extra morale sapping measure, Duty Meals are going / gone unless the duty is in excess of 24hrs. So, Ord Sgt, 12hr night duty in Guardroom, has to bring his own two meals in for the duty as he can't leave his post. Unless there is a fridge I'd like to see how he keeps these two meals 'fit for purpose' and within the H&S guidelines for consumption???

Nice. And one wonders why we feel more and more shafted??

samuraimatt
21st Mar 2007, 22:43
When is the MUAFC being scrapped?

Seldomfitforpurpose
21st Mar 2007, 23:38
Mods explanation please, having seemingly gotten rid of the little twerp how come Matttheprat has been allowed to return:rolleyes:

Grimweasel
22nd Mar 2007, 00:50
Very Soon, can't recall exact date but I believe April? (With re-intro' of JPA)

Ginseng
22nd Mar 2007, 07:58
Expect 1 Jul 07, or thereabouts, unless they make it retrospective. You still didn't hear it from me, right?

Ginseng

scan
22nd Mar 2007, 08:58
Does that mean that those OOA posts that attract food and Acc charges will be levied at the full rate instead of the abated charge?:confused:

Eckster
22nd Mar 2007, 11:20
So, Ord Sgt, 12hr night duty in Guardroom

When, and where?, does the above happen? All the camps I've been at it's a lowly Cpl that sits in the Guardroom for 12 hours and there is no duty supper for them at Marham unless you live in because the Jnr Ranks Mess decided it was costing to much. It's been the same for Guards since 94/95 when it first came in at Leuchars.

The only way to be entitled to duty supper at Marham was to book a room in transit so you became part of the station living in manpower levels.

Cheers.

Mad_Mark
22nd Mar 2007, 15:34
When, and where?, does the above happen?

ISK for one - two SNCO's per shift (one is Grd Cdr and the other Ord Sgt), 12 hours on 12 hours off for 7 days straight.

MadMark!!! :mad: