PDA

View Full Version : EC 225 versus S92....separate the wheat from the chaff

davidja
21st Mar 2007, 21:54
Following the various debates on the above aircraft and considering the numbers arriving on the european offshore market, why do the main proponents not accept a challenge to come up with a comprehensive list of attributes for each aircraft fiited for role on the North Sea (eg cruise speed at max weight, payload with 3 and 4 hours fuel, comments on type and quality of instrument displays, comments on seating - both cockpit and cabin, max wind for starting/stopping rotors, type and quality of autopilot, purchase price in $, etc, etc etc........the list is endless) and then ask for two senior instructors / or similar on each type who have more than 500 hours on type to record in "their columns" the various attributes of their type. I don't know if pprune can handle a list of criteria that other individuals can then complete? What I do believe is that it would make facinating reading............and separate the wheat from the chaff regarding these two important entrants to the helicopter market.

movin' up
21st Mar 2007, 22:40
Great, another 5 page page thread of the pro's and con's that we've a dozen times before.:{

How about I try to sum it up?

"The EC225 and S92 have got some good and bad points, but both can hold their own in the offshore environment. As each model is devleoped it is hoped that initial teething problems will be ironed out"

Over to you Nick and Helicomparitor................................:zzz:

unstable load
21st Mar 2007, 23:36
Nicely put, movin' up!!

Now lets be movin' on, shall we.

froggy_pilot
21st Mar 2007, 23:57
Untill now S 92 is mostly famous from the bad side and the 225 is keeping a low profile and doing the job, let's wait and see...