PDA

View Full Version : menzies

billy74
20th Mar 2007, 21:11
now that menzies have secured the contract for easyjet at lgw i was wondering if they will have all brandnew equipment,or will they aquire servis airs old crappy machines?
anyone taken one of the vacancies at lgw???

Ad!!!
22nd Mar 2007, 11:13
I haven't seen any menzies equipment come in and they start on the 1st of May. I don't expect they're getting Servisair equipment. Servisair are giving Menzies as little help with the change over as possible (so i've heard!!).

Bagmanlgw
22nd Mar 2007, 13:27
Servisair couldnt give their equipment away at Gatwick !!!!!!

I am dam sure that Menzies would have nothing to do with it !!!!

Most of their Managment are ex Servisair in some form and have probably been moaning about it for years anyway

Ad!!!
22nd Mar 2007, 14:33
Ex-Servisair, but not ex-Servisair management!!!

tallseabird
22nd Mar 2007, 18:31
I'm not so sure about that!

billy74
22nd Mar 2007, 18:33
If i get a job with menzies,definately dont wana be driving round a cold wet apron in an open top buggy!! hope they buy brand new everything.any of u guys work at lgw on the ramp??

billy74
22nd Mar 2007, 18:47
dont fancy driving round a cold wet apron in an open top buggy.any of you guys work on the ramp at lgw. im waiting to hear from menzies following my interview.

Ad!!!
22nd Mar 2007, 21:17
How do you mean tallseabird?

There has been rumours that Easyjet will now be mostly operating from the remote stands as all the pier stands are taken by all the other handling agents.

Just realised that the above sounded a bit like the fast show when I read it back to myself!! :}

TechProblem
28th Mar 2007, 08:34
When Menzies came in at MAN it was all brand new equiment.

Tony Chambers
3rd Apr 2007, 12:47
I have an interview with Menzies tomorrow for a PSA position at LGW. What are menzies like to work for and what is their pay like? I used to work for KGS at LHR so it may be a big change for me.

Tony

billy74
3rd Apr 2007, 15:47
i dont no wot there like to work for, i start on april 23rd.goodluck for interview.

suppie
4th Apr 2007, 20:49
From our side Menziesaviation.com
Menzies Aviation will open with its first customer easyJet at London Gatwick on 1st May 2007 handling easyJet’s 75 flights per day.

Menzies recently won a licence for Gatwick and has already ordered £2.5 M of new ramp equipment for the airport and their new Gatwick management team is busy recruiting up to 400 staff.

unquote

WEASEY
10th Apr 2007, 12:39
GOOD LUCK AS A PSA YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT! AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THE MAJORITY OF PSA'S WILL BE UNEXPERIENCED WITH LITTLE WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE EASYJET PRODUCT. ALSO THE FIRST LINE OF MANAGEMENT HAVE LITTLE SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE THEMSELVES. TIME WILL TELL!!:ugh:

jetsetwilly
10th Apr 2007, 15:22
Everyone has to start somewhere:)

JSW.