PDA

View Full Version : Sore mouth

Gingerbread Man
20th Mar 2007, 12:20
Hello,

Not sure if i'm allowed to post this seeing as it has no reference to aviation, but I thought I could exploit this knowledge base. For the last couple of days the fleshy bit that connects the inside of my lower lip to my gum has been quite sore and seems to have gone red. Whether it is any redder than normal I couldn't say. I first noticed it when I ate some coleslaw (bizarre) on Saturday and then again when eating a salad on Sunday, but now it is just there all the time. Thought it might be an allergic reaction to something but wouldn't it subside if it were? Just curious whether it sounds familiar to anyone, and should I go and see a doctor or a dentist?

Cheers

Ginger ;)

gingernut
20th Mar 2007, 14:26
Sounds more like localised infection rather than allergy, and if it only started a few days ago, it may be worth just awaiting another few days to see if it settles on it's own. Doesn't sound like anything too serious, but as with all problems in the mouth, worth checking out if it persists.

obgraham
20th Mar 2007, 16:41
Canker sore?
Typically a 7-day event in my case. Ow.

Gingerbread Man
21st Mar 2007, 22:38
Cheers chaps, I had it looked at just because I prefer to know what's going on. Doc said the same thing, and to be honest I felt a bit silly taking in such a mundane query.

Thanks,

Ginger ;)